I made this fun set of gnome napkin rings for a way to bring a bit of whimsy and Scandinavian farmhouse charm to a winter tablescape.
Gnome Napkin Rings
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have so many fun gnome ideas swirling around. The way I get the stress out is by making fun crafts and making a new gnome is always the best challenge. My favorite gnome ornament pattern is one that I made a while back and whenever I see it, I feel inspired to make something new with the same pattern. That’s what brought me to make this fun set of gnome napkin rings.
I needed a fun way to bring my cute gnome ornaments into my tablescape and this was just a fun way to make that happen. So, if you’re ready to make a fun set of gnome napkin rings, let’s get started.
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite farmhouse DIY board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Napkin Ring Gnomes
- First, start by grabbing the easy pattern here. I just used the same pattern as the gnome mug cozy and I cut it by hand. If you wanted to cut the gnome hats with your Cricut or Silhouette, you can download the SVG and pattern set here.
- Let’s talk about the magic of making gnome beards… If you’re not an expert in cutting faux fur, I have a trick to make this so easy for you! Just flip the fur over and, using a razor blade or Exacto knife, cut the fabric only (not the fur) and then gently pull the cut piece of fabric away, separating the fur naturally. You’ll get a fantastic drape with no scissors involved!
- What about the wooden rings? Can you make those? I suppose. If you have a drill press with a hole saw and a lot of patience along with some wood. But, the honest truth is, I have none of that. I wanted this to be a 5-minute craft and that didn’t include time to cut down a tree. So, I grabbed some premade raw edge wooden napkin rings, making quick work of the boring part!
Get the Gnome Napkin Ring Pattern
Click below to add this fun pattern to your cart. Check out what else you can make!
How Do I Make Gnome Napkin Rings?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Gnome Patterns You Might Like
- Adorable Cozy Gnome Pattern – One of my favorite gnome patterns of all time, you can literally make a gnome any which way with this awesome, flexible pattern!
- The Best Gnome Making Supplies – If you can’t wait to make gnomes but don’t know what materials to start with, this is your best bet for the most awesome supplies.
- Epic Mushroom Cap Gnome – If I had to pick one gnome to ever make, it would be this epic and awesome mushroom gnome. So cute, I wanna eat it.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite gnome patterns board on Pinterest.