You’re not going to find a more easy and fun paper craft for kids for the holidays. They can make a paper tube gnome for a gnome ornament, wreath or anything!
Paper Tube Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making gnome crafts. But the kiddo wants to participate sometimes and I get worried we’ll get burnt fingers from hot glue guns, so I like to come up with something that can be done with just a glue stick. That’s where this easy paper craft gnome comes into play.
You can make this easy paper tube gnome in about 5 minutes. And it’s perfect for turning this easy craft into an ornament, a garland or wreath! If you’re ready to make a gnome with the kiddo, let’s get started.
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite paper crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Gnome Kids Craft
- Get the free printable template here so you can make this cute little gnome kids craft super quick.
- Don’t use an overly-stiff paper for the hat. The kiddo has to roll the hat tightly and that’s hard for little hands sometimes. So, pick a paper that this can be easily done with.
- We whipped-up our little gnome just as an “I love you” for her dad. But you do not have to stop there. Your kiddo can make this little paper gnome craft for any holiday or event. The kiddo will love having a “signature” craft they gift regularly.
- No yarn on hand? That’s ok! You can use string, faux fur, cotton balls or even just draw-on a beard!
How Do I Make this Paper Tube Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’d like to see the full paper roll gnome video tutorial, just pop on over to YouTube.
More Gnome Crafts for Kids You Might Like
- Fast & Fun Gnome Popsicle Stick Puppets – If your kiddo is into making popsicle stick puppets, these easy gnomes will really get them excited!
- Itty Bitty Gnome Home – Want a tiny-winey home for your gnomes? We all do. Admit it. And the kiddo is going to love making them.
- Sweet Little Gnome Peg Dolls – One of the best gnome crafts for kids. It’s super simple, but the kiddo still plays with hers.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite crafts for kids board on Pinterest.