I love making gnomes and this fun Scandinavian gnome wine bag is a fast 10-minute craft that takes a plain wine gift bag to WOW! Use a scrap of fur, a scrap of fabric, and this easy tutorial to make a hostess gif that will really impress.
Gnomes are an undying trend and this looks like you bought it at a high-end store. It’s a fun craft night idea because you can assemble the entire thing with just a glue gun.
What You'll Find On This Page
Scandinavian Gnome Wine Bag
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are incredibly and unashamedly obsessed with making gnomes. Also, I am equally obsessed with handmade gift ideas. I was brainstorming some ideas to drop on my friends’ porches this holiday season and this no-sew gnome pattern came to me.
A quick Scandinavian gnome wine bag is perfect for dropping on the doorstep with a little note about how they make my year bright. Plus, this is such a unique and fun idea, I know my friends are going to love it. If your’e ready to make a quick 10-minute gnome craft, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays and all year round.
More gnome bottle toppers and cover tutorials you might be interested in are:
- Felt Gnome Bottle Topper – This easy gnome DIY is made with craft felt and a scrap of fur you can pick up at the craft store.
- 5-Minute Gnome Bottle Topper – When I say this is a fast project, it’s a start-to-finish craft you can put together just before gifting it!
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share It for Later
Too busy to start this right now or need to gather supplies? Save this to your favorite easy DIY crafts pin board or share it on Facebook. Both will make it easy to find when you’re ready to begin.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make a Gnome Wine Gift Bag
- Start by grabbing one of these perfectly-sized wine bags here. Sure, you can sew one up, but why would you when they’re so reasonably priced and we’re going to for a no-sew gnome craft?! In all seriousness, though, wine bottle bags are easy to make, if you want to sew one.
- I love all the little “extra” elements that go into making Scandinavian gnomes, the bits and bauble details that make them personalized. For this easy gnome wine bag, I chose to add one of these large Christmas bells. They’re large, which adds a little whimsy and it helps this craft double as the perfect Christmas decor.
- Let’s talk about that faux fur I used for the beard. If you’ve seen any of my other gnome tutorials (of which there are many here on Ruffles and Rain Boots) you know that I love Mongolian fur. It’s long, rich and that varied color of frosted gray just gets me every time. If you want a beautiful drape, I recommend the fur here. If you want to buy a small amount, I recommend this Etsy seller.
How to Make a Gnome Wine Bag
Below is our written and printable tutorial and if you have any questions, just use the comments section below. If you’re a visual learner like me, I share the quick gnome bottle topper and wine bag tutorial here on YouTube.
While you’re there, be sure to subscribe to the channel. I have a lot of fun sharing gnome tutorials and so much more.
More Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Wine Bottle Cover Gnome – I love this tutorial! It’s one of my first ones and one of my favorites (and readers love it, too).
- Swedish Gnome Ornaments from Wine Corks – These wine cork gnomes are some of the most popular ones on Ruffles and Rain Boots! They’re cute, easy and super fun.
- Epic Cozy Gnome Pattern – If you want a gnome that you can turn into ANYTHING, you can make this fun gnome with a sewing machine.
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts pin board.