I love making gnomes and this fun Scandinavian gnome wine bag is a fast 10-minute craft that takes a plain wine gift bag to WOW!
Scandinavian Gnome Wine Bag
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are incredibly and unashamedly obsessed with making gnomes. Also, I am equally obsessed with handmade gift ideas. I was brainstorming some ideas to drop on my friends’ porches this holiday season and this no-sew gnome pattern came to me.
A quick Scandinavian gnome wine bag is perfect for dropping on the doorstep with a little note about how they make my year bright. Plus, this is such a unique and fun idea, I know my friends are going to love it. If your’e ready to make a quick 10-minute gnome craft, let’s get started.
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Gnome Wine Gift Bag
- Start by grabbing one of these perfectly-sized wine bags here. Sure, you can sew one up, but why would you when they’re so reasonably priced and we’re going to for a no-sew gnome craft?! In all seriousness, though, wine bottle bags are easy to make, if you want to sew one.
- I love all the little “extra” elements that go into making Scandinavian gnomes, the bits and bauble details that make them personalized. For this easy gnome wine bag, I chose to add one of these large Christmas bells. They’re large, which adds a little whimsy, but they’re also the perfect Christmas color!
- Let’s talk about that faux fur I used for the beard. If you’ve seen any of my other gnome tutorials (of which there are maaaany here) you know that I love Mongolian fur. It’s long, rich and that varied color just gets me. I love frosted beards on gnomes. So, if you want a beautiful drape, I recommend the fur here. If you want to buy a small amount, I recommend this Etsy seller (watch the sizes; the pricing is better on Amazon).
How Do I Make this Gnome Wine Bag?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Wine Bottle Cover Gnome – I love this tutorial – it’s one of my first ones and one of my favorites. You can’t go wrong with making a gnome using a wine bottle as a base.
- Swedish Gnome Ornaments from Wine Corks – These wine cork gnomes are some of the most popular ones on Ruffles and Rain Boots! They’re cute, easy and super fun.
- Epic Cozy Gnome Pattern – If you want a gnome that you can turn into ANYTHING, you can make this fun gnome in just a few minutes.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.