You don’t get any quicker than this fun and easy 10-minute gnome wreath. Made with a witch hat wreath form from Dollar Tree, it’s also super inexpensive!
10-Minute Gnome Wreath
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore making fun, fast and inexpensive crafts featuring the world’s most adorable little bearded tomte. In particular, I’ve been having a great time coming up with super fast ideas I can make with minimal supplies found at the Dollar Tree. I love making wreaths, too, so of course, I made this fast and easy 10-minute gnome wreath using a witch’s hat wreath form from Dollar Tree.
It’s way easier than you might think. The biggest hassle is clean-up, which I love. If you’re ready to make a quick and fast wreath with a gnome, let’s get started.
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Dollar Tree Gnome Wreath
- Plan to use your hot glue gun on this one, folks. This project would be less than fun to make with needle and thread. So, just be forewarned. As with all my gnome crafts, I recommend using fabric hot glue, but if you don’t have that, don’t panic. You can make this with regular hot glue, I just feel that the fabric hot glue will hold up better.
- You can use a variety of materials from the dollar store, don’t feel like you are constrained by what I used here. I know that they don’t always have the same things from one Dollar Tree to the next. Just get creative. But I get it, sometimes you really want to make something but you just can’t find the right thing. If that “thing” for you is the witch hat wreath form, you can use this one here to get you going.
- I thought about adding a few baubles from my craft room. But really I loved the way this guy looked just like he was. I did add the bit of metal bow I got from the Dollar Tree last year, but everything else I got just a couple of weeks ago. But if you feel inspired by a bauble from elsewhere, go for it!
How Do I Make this 10-minute Gnome Wreath?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 1 Witch Hat Wreath Form
- 1 Red Kitchen Towel
- 1 Wood Bead
- 1 White Faux Fur Pillow
- Gold Metal Bow Bauble
- Floral Wire
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Wire Cutters
- Using the wire cutters, cut through the wires holding the tinsel on the wreath and remove all of the tinsel from the wreath form.
- When the wreath form is cleared of all the tinsel and wire, flip the form over, face down, onto the kitchen towel.
- Using the kitchen towel as a guide, trim the towel to fit the wreath form, leaving about 1 inch on each side to give you room to wrap the towel around the form on the edges.
- With the towel trimmed, wrap the edges of the towel around the form and hot glue them in place onto the wreath form.
- With the wreath form covered by the towel completely, Cut the front panel off of the white faux fur pillow. It's not true faux fur, so you can just use scissors.
- Cut the faux fur panel into a long "u" shape, wide enough to go from one edge of the wreath form at the bottom of the hat, to the other edge. Flip the "u" shape over, then hot glue hem the edges to ensure they don't unravel.
- Flip the beard right side up, place the covered wreath form on top of it and hot glue the beard in place.
- Place the wood bead in the center of the beard at the hat brim and hot glue it onto the beard, pulling a little bit of the towel down to wrinkle right over the nose.
- Add your gold metal bow bauble to the front of the hat using the floral wire, then hang on your door and enjoy!
For more fun gnome crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Dollar Store Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Dollar Store Gnome With a Mop Beard – I love this little dollar store gnome craft. He’s got a little mop heard and a sock hat with twine wrapped around. So sweet and quick!
- Gnome Treat Jar Topper – A few scraps from other gnomes, a dollar store candy jar and a few minutes makes this craft quick and fun!
- 20-Minute Dollar Store Gnome Wreath – You want a gnome wreath with a little evergreen and a bell? Oh, I’ve got that and so much more!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy dollar store crafts board on Pinterest.