Whether you spell it Froot Loops or Fruit Loops, these Fruit Loops cupcakes bring a ridiculously fun twist to your cupcake baking experience.
Fruit Loops Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love cupcakes. And cereal–that’s just a fantastic way to start the day sometimes. With the cereal–not necessarily the cupcakes, although that’s fun sometimes, too. But the thing is, combing a favorite cereal with a favorite cupcake? Genius that results in Fruit Loops cupcakes. Or Froot Loops cupcakes, if you want to be technically correct about it. LOL!
In all seriousness, though, cupcakes made with fruit loops cereal is just a great way to bring a little pop of color to your cupcakes that you might not have thought about before. I mean–serious pop. So, if you’re ready to get your Froot Loops cupcakes baked, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Froot Loops Cupcakes
- I like to start with my Lazy Girl Cupcakes. So simple and really quick. But I have a ton of variations on that cupcake recipe that you totally have to check out including vegan, large batch and gluten free! So, whatever you might need–I have a great and SUPER easy cupcake to make the base.
- When you’re working with food coloring anytime you’re baking, you need to get some gel food colors like these. Frankly, the deal is that water-based food colors aren’t super vivid. Gel food coloring, though–it’s VIVID. So, you don’t have to use as much. Nice.
- Don’t try to pipe the first layer of frosting for these fruit loop cupcakes through a small tip. Just don’t. It’ll get stuck and life will be a mess. Use an ice cream scoop or cookie scoop then shape with a knife. Trust me.
How Do I Make Fruit Loops Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Batter for 12 of Your Favorite Vanilla Cupcakes
- Purple, Blue, Orange, Green, Yellow, Red Gel food coloring
- 2 cups unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 5 cups powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6-10 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups crushed Froot Loops cereal
- Purple, Blue, Green, and Red gel food coloring
- To make the cupcakes, start by separating the batter between 6 bowls evenly.
- Add a few drops of each of the gel food coloring into 1 bowl per color and mix until well combined.
- Place 1 tbsp of each color into each of the cupcake liners then swirl the colors together slightly with a knife.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, with a mixer, combine the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Separate 1 ½ cups of white frosting into a second bowl and ⅛ cup of frosting into 4 smaller bowls. Add a few drops of each of the gel food coloring into 1 of the four smaller bowls per color and mix until well combined.
- Into the un-colored larger white frosting left remaining in the mixing bowl, fold in 2 cups of crushed froot loops cereal. With an ice cream scooper, place a large dollop of the froot loop cereal speckled frosting onto each of the cooled cupcakes.
- Place a piping bag with a large star tip into a large cup and open the sides of the bag over the sides of the cup. Using a small spoon or a knife, place the red frosting inside along one side of the decorating bag.
- Repeat by placing the blue frosting onto another side of the decorating bag--then repeat with the other two colors.
- Fill the center of the piping bag with the white icing.
- Place a large swirl of this rainbow frosting on the top of each cupcake and sprinkle with crushed froot loops cereal then enjoy!
For more fun cupcake decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 918Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 99gFiber: 1gSugar: 93gProtein: 3g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Cupcake Decorating Ideas You Might Like
- Mickey Cupcakes – They’re so cute with the little ears and the buttons on the cupcake liner. I just love it. I want them all. The. Time.
- Sherbet Cupcakes – Sherbet cupcakes are so simple, but they are so pretty, I seriously need one right now. Is that allowed? Can I make one and then–of course I can. My cupcakes.
- Little Mermaid Dinglehopper Cupcakes – For any Little Mermaid fans, these easy dinglehopper cupcakes are going to just put them right over the moon.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite best dessert ideas board on Pinterest.