I love an easy cupcake and this easy Mickey cupcake decorating idea doesn’t get any easier. You and the kiddo can make these cupcakes together in just minutes!
Mickey Cupcake Decorating Idea
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore the mini-parties the kiddo asks for. It’s not like she’s asking for a ton of things, just a tiny celebration of this doll’s birthday or that first-time-riding-a-scooter (it’s not, but whatever). And if we have friends over? Even more party-times are in store. That’s where these Mickey cupcakes come in to play.
The kiddo asked for a little Mickey Mouse party in celebration of–of all things–watching a Mickey movie one evening. So, we partied like it was a tiny fun birthday, just because we were having a movie night together. Best part of being mom, right?! If you’re ready for a Mickey party (big or small), let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Disney cupcakes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Mickey Cupcakes
- First, start with your favorite cupcakes. I made these with my yummy Lazy Girl chocolate cupcakes, because, you know, chocolate for Mickey. But if you prefer vanilla cupcakes, I like to use my Lazy Girl cupcakes. Both recipes are amazing because they’re absolutely no-fail, as long as you can read (and follow) a recipe.
- Get some red cupcake liners here because you’ll need those. It’s serious business getting these Mickey Mouse cupcakes decorated just right.
- Aaaand, you’ll need some yellow buttons like these here. Because, again, this is important for the decorations. Just read on, friend.
- I made the little Mickey ears with mini-OREO cookies this time. But I have loads of tutorials where I’ve made Mickey ears from fondant, so if you don’t have any mini-OREO cookies, you can always whip-up (or whip out) some fondant and cut some out.
How Do I Make this MICKEY CUPCAKE DECORATING IDEA?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 Chocolate (or Vanilla) Cupcakes
- 24 Mini-OREO Cookies
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Bake cupcakes per the recipe, using the red cupcake liners, then allow them to cool completely.
- Hot glue two yellow buttons to one side of each cupcake.
- To make the frosting, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed until it reaches the stiffed peak stage.
- Place frosting into the decorating bag.
- Ice each cupcake in a big swirl.
- Place two mini-OREO cookies on either side of the frosting and enjoy!
You'll also need:
- 24 Yellow Buttons
- Red Cupcake Liners
- Hot Glue Gun
For more fun cupcake decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 220mg Carbohydrates: 59g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 52g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Disney Cupcake Decorating Ideas You Might Like
- Buffalo Check Minnie Cupcakes – If you’re looking for an epically fun cupcake idea, inspired by Minnie Mouse, you should definitely check these out!
- Stitch Cupcakes – Definitely one of our favorite movies–come to life in what is now one of our favorite cupcakes.
- Sally Nightmare Before Christmas Cupcakes – You can basically take any Disney movie and turn it into a fun cupcake with this basic idea–even Sally!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cupcake ideas board on Pinterest.