I love an easy cupcake and this easy Mickey cupcake decorating idea doesn’t get any easier. You and the kiddo can make these cupcakes together in just minutes!
What You'll Find On This Page
Mickey Cupcake Decorating Idea
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I adore the mini-parties my little one comes up with. It’s not like she’s asking for a ton of things, just a tiny celebration of this doll’s birthday or that first-time-she-rides-her-scooter (again). And if we have friends over, we can almost guarantee there’s going to be dessert.
The little one asked for a little Mickey Mouse party in celebration watching the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with her younger cousin. So, we set up a faux Disney party and made these because cupcakes are the perfect dessert for kids of all ages. Let’s get started.
Get Cupcake Recipes, Freebies, and More!
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share
If you need to gather supplies or are still in party planning mode, pin this to a party board or share it to Facebook. It will be easy to find when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make Mickey Cupcakes
- First, start with your favorite cupcakes. I made these with my yummy Lazy Girl chocolate cupcakes, because, you know, chocolate for Mickey. If you prefer something a bit lighter, I like to use my Lazy Girl vanilla cupcakes. Both recipes are amazing because they’re absolutely no-fail.
- Now that I’m thinking about it, you could make marble cupcakes with the two recipes above so easily!
- Get some red cupcake liners here because you’ll need those and pick up some yellow buttons like these here.
- I made the little Mickey ears with mini-OREO cookies this time but I have loads of tutorials here on Ruffles and Rain Boots where I’ve made Mickey ears from fondant. You can also use the melting chocolate wafers from the craft store (they come in so many colors).
- Heading to Disney World or Disneyland? Whip up a batch of these super easy cakes and make the announcement even more memorable.
- If you have little hands who want to help but might need to sit this one out, give them these free cupcake coloring sheets.
How to Make Easy Mickey Mouse Ears Cupcakes
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions. These are literally so quick and easy and the kids will just love them!
More Disney Cupcake Decorating Ideas You Might Like
- Buffalo Check Minnie Cupcakes - If you're looking for an epically fun cupcake idea, inspired by Minnie Mouse, you should definitely check these out!
- Stitch Cupcakes - Definitely one of our favorite movies--come to life in what is now one of our favorite cupcakes.
- Sally Nightmare Before Christmas Cupcakes - You can basically take any Disney movie and turn it into a fun cupcake with this basic idea--even Sally!
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please save it to a desserts pin board or share it on Facebook.