I had a little time to myself to make a fun treat and I made these amazing sherbet cupcakes (or is it sherbert cupcakes?). So soft and fluffy, but with a crisp little treat on top–perfection confection.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a serious, full-on love of cupcakes. Every way I can enjoy them, I’ll take ’em. But I don’t like making the same thing over and over. That’s boring. And that means that I have to get creative. Creative in a fun way that translates into some awesome flavor experiences like these sherbet cupcakes.
Sherbet ice cream cupcakes that taste creamy, have a little cherry on top and have the best crumb you could ever ask for. If you’re ready to get creative making some fun cupcakes, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Sherbert Cupcakes
- I almost always start with my favorite easy vanilla cupcake recipe when I make any cupcake. This no-fail cupcake is soft, moist, fluffy and just the perfect base for any variation on cupcakes you could ever dream of.
- Now, cream cheese frosting would be an acceptable icing for this recipe and I wouldn’t be upset, but then your ice cream cupcake would taste less than ice creamy and more cheesecakey. So, if your preference is to stay true to the sherbet flavor aaaand, if you want take the lazy route, go with canned frosting. No shame in that. Or, mix some shortening and powdered sugar with a little vanilla and milk–buttercream in seconds, friends.
- No matter what you do, never ever put frosting cupcakes until they have had time to cool completely. For real, a warm cupcake is decidedly one of the most yummy confections you’ll ever put in your mouth. And, likewise, frosting is yummy, too. But when you mix warm cupcake and frosting all you get is an icky mess, so let those sherbert cupcakes cool!
How Do I Make this Sherbet Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 1 batch Lazy Girl Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 drop Orange Cake Flavoring
- 1 drop Strawberry Cake Flavoring
- 1 drop Lime Cake Flavoring
- 1 drop Neon green food coloring
- 1 drop Pink food coloring
- 1 drop Orange food coloring
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-5 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ C unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 18 Maraschino cherries
- 1 Waffle cone
- Cake sprinkles
- Nut toppings for garnish (Optional)
- To make the cupcakes, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place liners in your cupcake tin.
- Make your cupcake batter per the recipe, then separate the batter into 3 small bowls. Add 1 drop of neon green food coloring and 1 drop of lime flavoring to one bowl. Add 1 drop of orange food coloring and 1 drop of orange flavoring to a second bowl. And add 1 drop of pink food coloring and 1 drop of strawberry flavoring to the last bowl. Stir each to combine.
- Place the three different cake batter options to the tin 1 tablespoon of batter at a time, alternating flavors, filling each liner to 2/3 full.
- Bake per the original recipe or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the centermost cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the baking tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl on low speed for 2-3 minutes until well combined.
- Continue mixing on medium speed for 3 additional minutes until frosting begins peaking and holding its shape.
- Place frosting in a piping bag with a star tip to ice each of the cupcakes.
- Garnish with a cherry, piece of waffle cones, sprinkles, and chopped nuts.
For more fun cupcake decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 2g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Fun Summer Cupcakes You Might Like
- Campfire Cupcakes – Wildly awesome and so easy to make it’s ridiculous, these campfire cupcakes are the perfect treat for summer evenings around the campfire.
- Dragonfruit Cupcakes – So much more moist than a cupcake that doesn’t have a bit of delightful dragonfruit inside. Just sayin’.
- Flamingo Cupcakes – Epic summer parties are always started with a fun flamingo cupcake! I love this easy tutorial!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest.