These easy Falcon & Winter Soldier cupcakes are so fun and PERFECT for an Avengers party or Marvel party cupcake!
Falcon & Winter Soldier Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are absolutely obsessed with the Avengers and when the Falcon and the Winter Soldier came out, well, someone in my house hinted that, like the kid often gets, he should get a “special cupcake” for his show. So, obliging him with a laugh and a little fondant, here we are.
These Falcon and Winter Soldier cupcakes are absolutely fun and easy to make. Just grab your favorite frosting tip and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Avengers party ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Avengers Cupcakes
- For any chocolate cupcake, I break out my Lazy Girl Chocolate Cupcakes. They’re a fun and simple no-fail (very chocolatey) cupcake that always has a great crumb.
- My favorite tip for this style of cupcakes is to not overfill the cupcake tins. Normally, it’s no big deal because whatever, but having a flat cupcake top is super important for those big fondant Mickey ears to handle the weight of those ears.
- I love buttercream frosting so I included that, but like with the cake part of the cupcakes, if you prefer to have a cream cheese frosting or a light and fluffy whipped cream frosting (or even canned – no judging here), that’s absolutely your choice. Do you.
How Do I Make this Falcon & Winter Soldier Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 Chocolate Cupcakes
Marvel Sprinkle Mix
- 1 pkg Red wilton sprinkle pack
- 1 pkg Silver wilton sprinkle pack
- 1 pkg black wilton sprinkle pack
Fondant Ears and Bow
- 1 package of black fondant
- 1 package of grey fondant
- 1 package red fondant
- 1 can of red cake spray
- 1 can of silver cake spray
- 1 tube of red cookie icing
- 1 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 5-7 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- Combine all of the sprinkles and mix them together, then set aside.
- Dust a cutting board with powdered sugar. Roll out the black fondant to 1/4 inch thickness and cut out 12 3-inch diameter circles. Repeat with the grey fondant, for a total of 24 ears.
- Spray all of the ear shapes with the silver cake spray.
- On the grey ears, place a star stencil in the center and lightly spray with red cake spray and allow to dry completely overnight.
- With red cookie icing, pipe out the Falcon's logo and allow to dry completely overnight.
- Mold the red fondant into a ball then break off 1 teaspoon size portion of fondant and press it into a bow mold.
- Repeat to make 12 bows and set aside to dry completely overnight.
- Cream together the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla on medium speed until completely combined and smooth. Place about 1 cup of the frosting in a piping bag and set aside.
- With an ice cream scoop, place a scoop of frosting on top of each cupcake and smooth with a knife.
- Place the sprinkles in a bowl then dip each cupcake in the sprinkle mixture to coat each cupcake in sprinkles.
- Pipe a large swirl of frosting into the center of each sprinkle-topped cupcake.
- Carefully place a bow in the center of each cupcake, followed by inserting two of the ears on each of the cupcakes, on opposite sides of the bows. Then enjoy!
For more fun Disney inspired cupcakes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Disney cupcakes You Might Like
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Cupcakes – These easy and fun camouflage cupcakes are perfect for a Jungle Cruise party that you don’t want to miss!
- Jack Skellington Cupcakes – For every spooky villain, there’s a fun side and that fun side comes out for Jack the Pumpkin King in this easy cupcake!
- Cruella DeVille Cupcakes – She’s wickedly fun and her movie is wildly dramatic, so of course her cupcakes would be dramatic and AWESOME!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Marvel party ideas board on Pinterest.