Making these easy Cruella DeVille cupcakes was such a fun way to spend the afternoon with the kiddo getting ready for a mini 101 Dalmatians party!
Cruella DeVille Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making cupcakes for no reason at all. But when we have a reason – like the new Cruella movie coming out?! Well, a cupcake is a MUST. And when I realized how fun it would be to make these cupcakes with the kiddo, we went crazy. We didn’t make 101 cupcakes, but we made a full batch.
They’re so super simple and REALLY fun for the kids to help make, so if you’re ready to make a truly villainous batch of cupcakes for yourself and your pack, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite fun cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Love cupcakes and want free recipes?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make 101 Dalmatians Cupcakes
- I typically stick to my “normal” cupcake I make with my Lazy Girl Cupcakes recipe. They’re a fun and simple no-fail cupcake that I know I can rely on for a great crumb. But, this time I wanted a little polka-dot action. So, I made the batter, then added some crushed OREO cookies. It’s a fantastic variation, too – you have to try it!
- When you’re making your cupcakes, try not to overfill the cupcake tins. Normally, if you’re just going for a regular cupcake, it’s not something you have to worry about, but this is super important since you’re adding the big fondant ears. You need a flatter cupcake to support that weight.
- In the event that you don’t have a favorite recipe, I have included a recipe for buttercream frosting, but as with the cupcake bottoms, if you prefer to make a cream cheese frosting or a light and fluffy whipped cream frosting (or even canned – no judging here), you do you. There’s no reason not to make these cupcakes your very favorite.
How Do I Make Cruella DeVille Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Fondant Mickey Ears
- 1 Package of White Fondant
- 18 Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup Crushed OREO Cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter, softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Lightly sprinkle cornstarch over the cutting board then knead the fondant on the cutting board to make the fondant soft enough to work. Cover the fondant with another light sprinkle of cornstarch and roll the fondant to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut out 36 circles using a 2-inch round cutter then place them on a cookie sheet to air-dry for 3 hours. Once dry, use a black edible marker to doodle Dalmatian spots all over each of the ears, then allow them to air-dry overnight.
- Make your cupcake batter per the directions for your favorite recipe. Add the crushed OREO cookies to the batter and fold in. Bake your cupcakes per the directions on your recipe. Remove from the oven and cool completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting by creaming together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until smooth and stiff. Then place the frosting into a piping bag with a medium star tip.
- Pipe random dollops of frosting all over the cupcake top to create a semblance of Cruella’s wild hairdo. Then, with black cake spray, lightly spray a line down the center of the frosting to delineate the halfway mark on each cupcake. Follow by filling-in the entire left side of the cupcake frosting with the black cake spray until it's completely black. Allow the cake spray to dry completely (about 30 minutes).
- Once the frosting is dry, carefully insert two fondant ears into each side of each cupcake. Then enjoy!
You will also need:
- 1 black edible marker
- 1 rolling pin
- 1 cookie sheet with silicone mat
- 1 2-inch round fondant cutter
- 1 large piping bag with a medium star tip
- 1 can of black cake spray
For more fun Disney inspired cupcakes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 597Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 1gSugar: 60gProtein: 4g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Disney Inspired cupcakes You Might Like
- Mushu Cupcake Cake – He’s the best dragon sidekick that a girl dressed as a guy could ask for – and he’ll defend your honor until the last moist, cakey bite.
- Daisy Duck Cupcakes – For a fun cupcake that has all the bows and whistles you’d expect from a Daisy Duck anything, these cupcakes are the best!
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Cupcakes – Everything you love about the Jungle Cruise ride with a fun cupcake to convey icing to your tastebuds!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Disney party ideas board on Pinterest.