Today, I’m sharing this Samoa Cookie Popcorn recipe. It tastes just as amazing as it sounds!
You will toast coconut, layer popcorn, chocolate sauce, and caramel. What could be better for a family movie night popcorn treat?!
Moana Movie Night Popcorn – Two Ways
Our Samoa cookie popcorn is most definitely a treat popcorn, so keep that in mind when serving near bedtime. Because my husband is not a big fan of sweets, I made just two popcorn recipes for our Moana movie night, but the recipe can make 6 with adjusting the sauce drizzles.
Before we get started, Samoa Girl Scout cookies are my favorite. I order many boxes each year (the number is embarrassing)… That said, this Samoa cookie popcorn recipe sure does hit the spot!
Related Reading: If you love Samoa Girl Scout Cookies, try this 5-minute Samoa Cookie Milkshake!
Coconut Popcorn (for Those Without a Sweet Tooth)
I get it – sometimes the sweets are reserved for others. I don’t know who can resist Samoa cookie popcorn but this alternative is still pretty tasty. Look at all this coconut goodness!
In order to get the full flavor of coconut popcorn, here are my best tips.
- Make popcorn on the stove in a pan, popping the kernels in coconut oil to add flavor. I use about 2 teaspoons for 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels.
- Melt a tiny bit of coconut oil (to be used as a substitute for the butter). I estimate here, but it’s about a teaspoon.
- Add unsweetened toasted flaked coconut – mine were done in just minutes on the stove. The toasted coconut is a very different taste than just unsweetened coconut, so don’t skip this step. Look at this gorgeous stuff… Mmmmm, toasty.
This is a great tutorial on how to toast coconut.
Girl Scout Samoa Cookie Popcorn
Much like our sweet Tangled movie night popcorn, this took minutes to make and only seconds of actual hands-on time once we toasted the coconut.
- Popcorn, popped and any kernels removed.
- Caramel sauce to taste (it’s okay to be generous)
- Chocolate sauce (we used dark chocolate because that’s what we had on hand)
- Toasted coconut chopped into fine pieces
Pop the corn, preferably without oil. Add a single layer of popcorn in a small serving dish. Drizzle caramel and chocolate sauces onto the popcorn and sprinkle on the toasted coconut. Repeat with another layer.
Serve and listen to the “mmmmmmmmm’s” coming from everyone.
Watch the Samoa Cookie Popcorn Video
We had fun with this one. It’s so quick and sooooo worth the watch. You’ll be drooling!
Over to You
This is one of the tastiest popcorns we’ve made in this house and it was gone so fast! Will you give it a try?
Please share this to Facebook or save it to your favorite recipes or movie night pin board. Your shares help us deliver more fun and creativity.