We sat down and made a new paper dragon puppet from construction paper. One of our favorite paper crafts for kids, this is easy, silly, and makes for hours of fun playtime.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love making paper crafts for kids 0r, rather, with the kids. It’s just so much fun to see them work through the steps and see their creation come to life under their little hands.
This week, there was a special request from my youngest for a dragon puppet. We’d made paper dragon puppets in the past, but she wanted “something different than before.” We came up with this fun, new design for a dragon puppet that even allowed us to talk a bit about hinges. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Need to gather supplies? Pin this to your favorite craft for kids board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this Paper Dragon Puppet
- Click here to get the free printable templates. You can make these easy paper dragon puppets in any color, but use the templates to make it easier for all ages.
- Let the kids be in charge. This looks really complex, but it’s not. You’re building a couple of boxes and taping them together. Kids can do that! It builds fine motor and problem-solving skills.
- Firmly fold the paper.
- The tape between the two parts of the dragon’s mouth works as a hinge. Don’t be afraid to make it tight.
How Do I Make this Dragon Puppet?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a kid’s paper crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our dragon puppet video tutorial.
More Kid’s Paper Crafts You Might Like
- Paper Dragon Puppets – Loving this paper dragon? Well, check out this other awesome one I made that’s even more simple.
- Printable Elephant Paper Puppets – Based on my simpler paper dragon puppet, this paper craft for kids shows you just how to make a basic shape into almost any animal.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s crafts board on Pinterest.