How to Make a Quick Dollar Tree Gnome from a Cup for Any Occasion!
I had a bit of inspiration and some leftover supplies, so I tried my idea out and made this super quick and easy Dollar Tree gnome from a cup!
Dollar Tree Gnome from a Cup
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we seriously had about 15 minutes to try out an idea. But wow – the result was so easy, I immediately had to share. This super quick gnome is so simple, literally anyone can make it.
RELATED READING: DOLLAR STORE GNOME WITH A MOP BEARD
So, grab yourself a cup from the Dollar Tree (yes you read that right, a cup) and let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIYs board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Quick Dollar Tree Gnome
- The dollar store is not known for having a plethora of faux fur options. And I have a particularly understocked store in my community, so I really have to get creative. I’ve tried everything from mop heads, fluffy pillows a tiny teddy bear and now I’m using a Santa hat from a few I found right at the end of the holiday season.
- Now I know that I used a square-shaped cup for this gnome’s base. But you can use a rounded cup if you need to. This will work for almost any shape cup, honestly, if you’re just not finding the little square one I used.
- What if you can’t find a Santa hat for this gnome tutorial? Well, we’ve already talked about some beard fur alternatives. But if you need fabric for a hat, you can use felt, any other hat, or even a kitchen towel.
How Do I Make this Dollar Tree Gnome from a Cup?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Dollar Tree Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Make a Gnome Wreath in 20 Minutes – You can seriously make this quick gnome wreath in just under 20 minutes using only Dollar Tree supplies!
- Easy Gnome from a Triangle Shelf – A triangle shelf, some mop threads and a sock make for a fun and easy gnome craft.
- Twisty Hat Gnome – If you’re wondering how to make one of those super luxe gnomes with the twisty hat but you’re on a dollar store budget, check out this easy twisty-hat gnome!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY dollar store crafts board on Pinterest.