This DIY Grinch Tree is a Who-Tastic Grinch Craft!
This fun DIY Grinch tree craft is one of the most fun Grinch crafts you can make for the holidays. Perfect for your mantle or a centerpiece on the table, it is one of those projects you’ll love making as much as you love displaying it!
And be sure to check out these awesome 20+ Grinch crafts for kids–you’ll have so many awesome ideas, you’ll never run out of fun!
DIY Grinch Tree
My name is Kelli and I am visiting from 3Boysandadog.com. You can usually find me blogging about homeschooling and yummy recipes, but I also have a huge love for crafting!
RELATED READING: FUN GRINCH STUCK IN THE CHIMNEY WREATH
Today I am sharing a fun Cricut project to make this awesome DIY Grinch tree. I love working with my Cricut because it makes projects so much faster and less stressful, but because I’m also a little bit of a perfectionist and having nice clean cuts makes my crafts look more professional.
The fact is, though, that this craft–does not look perfect and it’s not supposed to. The complete embodiment of a Whoville Christmas tree, this is one of those projects that is whimsical because it’s not perfect. If you’re ready to make a fun centerpiece or Grinch holiday decoration, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy holiday crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make This Grinch Craft
- Grab the free Grinch SVG set here to use your Cricut or Silhouette to make this fun Grinch craft.
- Definitely start with a green cardstock paper to make your cone. You don’t want your tree to show any brown if the branches leave a little gap. I used a bright green, but a dark green would work too–just not brown.
- Use a thicker “premium” felt to make the branches for the tree. If you use the typical craft felt, it won’t have any body and will flop over. But with the thicker felt, you’ll be able to almost sculpt the tree.
- If you’d like to have a fun little addition poking his head around the tree with the Grinch, you can check out my Grinch popsicle stick puppets here and print Max’s head to put just peeking around the tree, too!
How Do I Make this DIY Grinch Tree?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Grinch Crafts You Might Like
- Grinch Sock Gnome – This easy sock gnome DIY is quick to work up and that hat is WOW! I love the little cup of coffee, too. I think my heart just swelled two sizes.
- Grinch Farmhouse Beads – Making DIY farmhouse beads is fun–but making GRINCH farmhouse beads? That is just epic and turns any display into a Grinch display.
- Grinch Gnome Ornament – You’re not going to find a more adorable gnome ornament that really puts the Grinch on your tree.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy Grinch ideas board on Pinterest.