This paper flower unicorn wreath is a wow-worthy craft! Look at these gorgeous flowers on an adorable unicorn DIY. Let’s get started!
Paper Unicorn Wreath with Rolled Flowers
If this is your first time to Ruffles and Rain Boots, I’ll share a not-so-well-kept-secret: we love unicorn crafts here! Unicorn crafts for adults, kids, parties, food – you name it, we’ve either made it or we have plans to do so.
Any unicorn fan would love to get this paper unicorn wreath with rolled flowers. And because we give you a template, even the youngest ones can help out! The best part is that you don’t need any crazy craft supplies. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later!
As an Amazon associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Tips for Making Rolled Paper Wreaths
After making this fun unicorn craft, here are a few tips we learned.
- The process goes much faster if you size the “wreath” first. Ours is small and only about 2-inches wide, but you can make any size unicorn wreath using this exact method.
- Roll and secure all of the flowers first. We used school glue and waited for it to set, but you can work with hot glue to speed up the process.
- Swap any colors of papers to match a unicorn party, event, or decor. The sky is the limit!
- These paper flowers can be made with felt, too.
So How Do I Make a Unicorn Wreath? Watch This!
Let’s get started making these easy unicorn bookmarks. And if you’re making a unicorn crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our baby unicorn wreath video tutorial.
- colored paper (thin, not card stock) in cream, pink and red
- colored card stock paper in white or cream and yellow
- wreath base (we used foam core board at a width of 2 inches and total diameter of 8 inches)
- Trace a spiral pattern on the cream, pink, and red craft papers. You'll need much more of the cream color than the others. We made 18 in cream and the rest were colored. Cut all of them out.
- Create the horn and ear pieces by drawing onto the card stock. Cut out.
- Roll the spiral flowers into themselves and secure with glue. Set aside. Repeat with the colored flowers. Set aside.
- If you haven't yet, prepare your base from foam core board by cutting out a circle. Determine the width of your base (we used 2-inches) and the cut out the center of the circle. Don't worry about getting it perfect - no one will ever see it.
- Start at the bottom of the wreath and glue the flowers to the base. Squish them close together so no portion of the base shows through.
- Finish gluing the colored flowers to create the unicorn crown section of the wreath.
- Glue the ear pieces together (the smaller inside the larger) and then glue the ears to the back of the base, finishing by doing the same with the horn.
- Use a command strip to attach it to the wall or affix a hanging ribbon to the back and your paper unicorn wreath is done!
For more amazing unicorn crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots .com.
Be Sure To Follow Along with Ruffles and Rain Boots
We love making crafts here at the ‘Boots and would love to share them with you. Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter and you’ll get access to the Hand Lettering Library (full of free practice sheets and instructions) and the Exclusive Library (full of free cut files for cutting machines, tips on our favorite craft mediums, and all things fun)!
More Unicorn DIY Ideas
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love unicorns. We’ve shared a few things you might be interested in:
- Unicorn Party Game – A Printable Game and a Fun Roll-A-Cube
- Unicorn Hoop – Great for a Unicorn Lover’s Room or Party
- Printable Unicorn Mask – Fun as a Party Craft, Playdate, or Rainy Day
- Unicorn Rock Painting – This Is SO MUCH FUN to Make!
- Unicorn Themed Foods – Foods You Can Make for Any Unicorn Fan
Please Save This to Pinterest or Share to Facebook
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful.