I needed a quick and fun unicorn craft idea for a gift and came up with this awesome and adorable unicorn candle that I put together super fast. Literally done in less than 10 minutes–and ready to wrap!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore a good unicorn craft and this unicorn candle is so fun, I’m really glad I made this upcycled candle a little earlier than I normally would have. I mean, usually I’ll let the candle go all the way down to the nubbins, but with this one, I needed a yummy smelling candle jar and this one was only about 3/4 of the way gone. So, early was sad–but the result was awesome.
Plus, making this unicorn candle was ridiculously easy and I feel like I could have made a dozen in 15 minutes. So, if you’re ready to make a quick unicorn craft you’re going to love, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite DIY gift ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Unicorn Craft Idea
- Grab a unicorn headband or costume headpiece for the horn. I respect that sometimes you have time and would love to make a unicorn horn from scratch, but this is just a quick unicorn craft–not a work of art. So, just make your life easier and take a horn off a headband.
- You want your unicorn to look just like mine? Awesome! Grab some unicorn eye stickers here so you can put unicorn eyes on eeeeverything. LOL!
- If you don’t have an old candle that you’re looking to upcycle, that’s ok. You can do this exact same unicorn candle with a mason jar or old pickle jar. Just be aware that a pickle jar is NOT going to smell as fabulous as your favorite candle jar.
- Some suggestions about how to use this unicorn candle:
- Gift Card Holder
- Jewelry Box
- Bath Bomb Keeper
- Key Jar
- Vacation Bank
How Do I Make this Unicorn Candle?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Candle Jar
- Unicorn Costume Horn
- Unicorn Sticker Eyes
- Craft Flowers
- White Paper
- Super Glue
- Clean out all of the old wax from the candle jar. I recommend filling your jar with water and allowing it to soak for 10-20 minutes. The wax should just pop right out.
- Dry out your candle jar.
- Line your candle jar with the white paper and trim any excess paper.
- Glue your unicorn horn to the center of the candle lid.
- Glue the flowers to the front, top of the lid.
- Place the unicorn sticker eyes onto the front of the candle. If you can't find the stickers or hate them, you can also draw eyes on the jar with a permanent marker.
- Get ready to either place a gift card inside or wrap this unicorn in a box, because it's ready for it's new home!
For more fun unicorn craft ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Unicorn Crafts You Might Like
- DIY Unicorn Hug Bookmark with Free Printable – This bookmark is seriously too cute. If you love books, your book needs this.
- Super Fun Unicorn Pillow – You can make your own fun unicorn pillow in just minutes with this easy pattern.
- Easy Unicorn Notebook – That’s right! An easy notebook that you can make for a gift or for yourself that’s just too cute!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy craft ideas board on Pinterest.