These safari Minnie cupcakes are perfect for Disney fans whether you’re setting up a Jungle Cruise movie night, a safari party, or just because you want to have a bit of fun in the kitchen. And best of all – they’re pretty simple to make.
The cheetah spot ears will make you look like a professional baker (it will be our secret). You can use a cake box mix base, make my lazy girl’s chocolate cupcake recipe, or get a little help and buy pre-made cupcakes.
What You'll Find On This Page
Adorable Safari Cupcake Idea
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I absolutely believe cupcakes are one of the best and most versatile desserts for any occasion. And Disney… Well, we are pretty much obsessed with making adorable Disney-themed treats around here.
When the Jungle Cruise movie came out, I made two versions of themed cupcakes – this Minnie Mouse cupcake and one a bit less girly for the fellas. I’ll put it below in case you want to whip up a batch.
Get Cupcake Recipes, Freebies, and More!
Honestly, though… if you are making these, I would make these Mickey themed safari cupcakes by leaving off the bow or by making a mini safari hat to put in the center of the ears. And if you do that, please, please send me a picture! Let’s get started with these fun cheetah print cupcakes.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share This
If you don’t have time to make these now, come back later and check out the entire recipe. Save and pin this to your favorite Disney or dessert board or share in one of your favorite recipe groups on Facebook.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Jungle Cruise Cupcake Idea
Earlier this year, I shared the ‘not so girly’ version of these Jungle Cruise cupcakes for a fun reminder of one of my daughter’s favorite rides at the park. She giggles, jumps, gasps, and screams with delight every time we ride it.
If you haven’t seen it, the movie was absolutely hilarious and has become one of our favorites to watch during family movie nights. These colorful cupcakes are perfect for a movie night because they only require a cake and frosting.
Fun Ways To Share These Jungle Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
- Birthday Party Cupcakes – These would be super cute for a jungle or safari-themed birthday party. I found a ton of sets for the theme on Amazon: this is the one I bought for our party and I combined it with these fun leaf plates for the Jungle Cruise snack mix and a few other treats.
- Jungle Cruise Movie Night – Cupcakes are the ultimate treat for snuggling up and watching movies at home (and they can be made ahead of time, so that’s awesome). I used the garland and a few balloons left over from the kit I mentioned above for an easy decoration.
- Drop Off a Sweet Treat – I have these cupcake boxes on hand and combine them with stickers to drop off a treat for my daughter’s friends or when someone can’t make a party.
- Bring Them as a Class Party or Booster – You would literally blow everyone’s minds if you make these for a bake sale or party! Just a tip: if you’re putting these into a traditional cupcake carrier, turn them perpendicular every other cake so they will fit without touching.
How to Store Cupcakes to Keep Them Fresh? What About Fondant and Frosting?
The key to keeping these cute Minnie cupcakes moist and delicious is to store them in an airtight container and keep them at room temperature. You don't have to store them in the fridge and can prepare them a day in advance of the party or event.
If you want to pre-bake the cupcakes, they can be stored in the freezer for a couple of months. Thaw them at room temperature. Additionally, you can make the frosting one week in advance or freeze and store for a couple of months. Bring to room temperature and beat with the mixer to fluff.
To make the cheetah spot Minnie or Mickey ears ahead of time, let them dry completely and use high quality edible ink markers. Wrap them in cling wrap and store them in an air tight container out of direct sunlight. Make sure they're not stacked on top of each other. You can make these up to a month ahead of the party.
More Safari and Jungle Themed Fun You Might Like
- Jungle Thumbprint Animal Art - Learn how to set up one of the most fun party activities and get the how-to for giraffes, lions, monkeys, tigers, and more.
- Monkey Puppet DIY for Kids - These are adorable, have a fun tail, and everyone will have so much fun making and playing with them!
- Elephant Paper Puppets - Using the easiest puppet making technique for little hands, use the steps here to have the kids make their own.
Please Save or Share
Thank you so much for visiting today. This site grows with your shares, so please save this to a party pin board or share this fun cupcake recipe with your favorite group on Facebook.