Make these no-sew Death Star Mickey ears and dabble in the Dark Side. With or without the bow, any Star Wars fan would LOVE to wear these at Galaxy’s Edge.
Death Star Mickey Ears
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have been busy making the most amazing DIY Star Wars Mickey ears for Disney. It’s so much fun to come up with creative ways to show of our favorite characters (especially the villains – they’re wicked fun).
And who’s the biggest baddie in Star Wars? It’s debatable, but the Death Star comes to mind. It blows up planets and ends up a weird moon for the Endor, where the Ewoks live (oh yes, we’re making Ewok Mickey ears and they are AMAZING).
For this fun Disney DIY, I made a puffy, fun Death Star Mickey ears set. Welcome to the Dark Side. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Need supplies to make these? Pin this to your favorite Star Wars or Disney board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make these Star Wars Mickey Ears for Galaxy’s Edge
- Get your free printable pattern for these Death Star Mickey Ears here. Or, if you’re using a cutting machine, click here for an SVG file for the Empire emblem and click here for an SVG of the Death Star.
- You can use foam core board (not the squishy foam stuff) or cardboard as the base for your ears. You can even dish scrubbies as we did for these pretty Disney cruise ears (a great option for those torrential Disney downpours)!
- If you take your time cutting the glitter canvas, but it still frays, paint the edges. That won’t always work, but in this instance, because the Death Star Mickey ears bases are black, you can do that on the edge and “get rid” of the frayed edges visually without too much fuss. No one can tell, even up close.
How Do I Make these Death Star Mickey Ears?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a Star Wars Mickey ears for Galaxy’s Edge playlist on YouTube, here is our Death Star Mickey ears video tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More DIY Star Wars Ears for Disney You Might Like
- Yoda Mickey Ears – Love these ears, you will, when you look at how floral and awesome they are.
- Princess Leia Buns – I like big buns, and I cannot lie. Those other princesses can’t deny that when Mickey ears walk by with big buns up top, I get squee! LOL!
- Han and Chewie Mickey Ears – It’s a mix of “I love you…” and “Raaawrrr” that any Star Wars fan would love.
- Ewok Minnie Ears – The cutest Star Wars characters in the cannon (sorry Porgs), you’ve GOT to have these cute ears, if you love the Galaxy.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Star Wars or Disney board on Pinterest.