Wow all nostalgic Star Wars fans when you show them these cute Ewok Minnie ears for Disney. This is one of the most fun I’ve had making DIY Mickey ears and I really hope you enjoy them, too.
Ewok Minnie Ears
If you’re new to Ruffles and Rain Boots, I’m going to warn you – I really like to make Mickey and Minnie ears. Because I’m on an insane quest to make the most amazing Star Wars Mickey ears for Disney, I thought I’d reach back to my childhood.
Who was your favorite Star Wars character when you were a child? For me, HANDS DOWN, it was the Ewoks. No competition, they were in first place until Gizmo came along…
When these Ewok Minnie ears were coming together, I couldn’t help but be excited. They were turning out so much better than I could have imagined! The faux fur and leather made these ears perfect. If you’re making these for a little fella who loves Ewoks, just leave off the bow and bam – Ewok Mickey Mouse ears. :)
If you’re headed to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, or looking for a fun way to surprise your kiddo with the news that you’re going, these Ewok Minnie ears are THE way to go. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share it for Later
Do you have to grab some supplies? Save this to your favorite Disney pin board or share it to a crafty group on Facebook so you can find it when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make these DIY Star Wars Mickey Ears for Disney
- Watch which way the fur lays when you cut it. You don’t want your fur to be going up when, in real life, Ewok fur, clearly, goes down. Yes, I just said, “in real life…”
- Speaking of cutting fur, if you’ve never cut craft fur before, I have an easy trick: flip it over and use an Exacto knife to only cut the fabric. By not cutting the fur, you won’t change how it falls.
- No polymer clay? No sweat. You can make eyes from wooden beads and you can cut out a nose from cardboard and paint it grey/brown. Improvise if you have to – these are too much fun not to make!
- You can use foam core board (not the squishy foam stuff) or flat, green dish scrubbies from the Dollar Tree like I did with these preppy Disney cruise ears. Cardboard works and is easy for everyone to obtain but you need to be mindful if you get caught in a rain storm (common in Florida). When you use something a bit heartier, the Mickey ears stay perfect even in one of the famous Disney downpours.
- Click here to get your free printable template for the Ewok ears. You can wing it, but it will be easier if you let the template guide you on the sizes.
- And because I’m asked about it so much, if you want that mug in my photos (the cool Death Star one) I found one that is almost as cool. Just click here to see the awesome Death Star Mug.
How Do I Make These Ewok Mouse Ears?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a DIY Star Wars Mickey ears for Disney playlist on YouTube, here is our Ewok Minnie ears video tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More DIY Star Wars Minnie Ears You Might Like
- Yoda Mickey Ears – Love these ears, you will, when you look at how floral and awesome they are.
- Princess Leia Buns – I like big buns, and I cannot lie. Those other princesses can’t deny that when Mickey ears walk by with big buns up top, I get squee! LOL!
- Han and Chewie Mickey Ears – It’s a mix of “I love you…” and “Raaawrrr” that any Star Wars fan would love.
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please save it to your favorite DIY Star Wars pin board or share it to a fun Facebook group.