I love designing and creating but sometimes I find myself in need of Cricut blanks with no ideas really, just needing some inspiration. Noticing my stash of “others” was low, I took to the Internet and found some remarkable blanks to use for Cricut and Silhouette crafts.
Read below to find my top picks for craft blanks I have on hand ALL the time, as well as some truly fun finds. Note: this post gets updated frequently based on availability and I try to support small shops mixed in with ever-ready supplies.
Craft Blanks for Cutting Machine Projects
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love making things with my three Cricut machines and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon. This week, I’ve already made a t-shirt for myself, a long-sleeve hoodie for my daughter, and two tiered tray sitters.
But… sometimes I have makers-block (that’s a thing, right?), so I go look through my favorite craft blanks and try to see if there’s anything I haven’t made recently or that I might enjoy making new.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Discounts, and More!
I’m giving away free SVG files to help you create for friends, family, and your home. Get all of these (and more) along with the weekly newsletter.
Sometimes it’s nice to be reminded that you don’t have to ‘stick with the basics.’ If you’re ready to dive into a world of Cricut blanks for inspiration, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
This is a unique list and if you want to be able to find it easily, save this to your favorite crafting pin board or share it to a crafting group on Facebook.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Use these Digital Crafting Ideas
- If you need ideas, be sure to check out my free and premium SVG files and sublimation designs here. Nearly everything comes with a commercial license.
- Don’t feel constrained by the limits of the labels on these blanks. Just because it’s got the title “keychain” or “shopping bag” don’t let that stop you. A keychain can become a Christmas ornament, a shopping bag can become a gift bag, and well, you get the idea.
- One of my favorite places to get craft blanks is Amazon and I’ll put a few of my top-runners below. That said, I love supporting smaller shops on Etsy (and Amazon handmade) and encourage you to do so, as well.
Where Do I Get GOOD Craft Blanks for Cricut and Silhouette?
I’ve gathered a few unique finds here so you can just click through and see if they will work for you. First, here are a few Amazon project blanks for Silhouette and Cricut crafting I always keep on hand.
- Water Bottles – I love putting permanent vinyl on tumblers (and recently, sublimation designs). That said, these are my favorite water bottles because EVERYONE loves them.
- 20 oz Tumblers – These 20 ounce tumblers are hands down, my top requested gift item because you an get them nearly done (so much variety).
- Can Coolers – I used these can coolers and made a set for a 40th birthday weekend I attended, a set for a couple’s wedding, and even shared a tutorial for camping can coolers using printable vinyl.
- Wine Bags – If you haven’t tried it yet, flock vinyl and these wine bags are a winning combination. You can see how I used flock vinyl on wine bags to make these gorgeous gifts.
- Acrylic Blanks – Perfect for everything from keychains to table signs, acrylic blanks are a-plenty available on Amazon.
- Sublimation Blanks – Unless an item is rated well with TONS of reviews, I prefer to buy my sublimation blanks from this sublimation-focused dealer.
Dollar Tree Project Blanks
Another one of my favorite places to grab items on which to sublimate or use for vinyl crafts or personalized items is the Dollar Tree or Dollar General. A few things I always my keep eyes out for are:
- Coffee Mugs – Blank mugs are a hot commodity because you can put in a bit of candy, or socks, or bath products and customize a mug for anyone. If you are a beginner Cricut projects maker, use this tutorial and learn how to make DIY Dollar Tree mugs with vinyl.
- Standard Wood Blanks – Circular signs, square signs, and everything in between is perfect for heat transfer vinyl or permanent vinyl crafts! Keep your eyes peeled in the craft aisle for these and know that some of them are sold out very quickly.
- Shaped Wood Blanks – Always go down the craft and decor aisles to look for shaped wood blanks like unicorn heads, houses, triangles, and more. If you find the houses, check out this adorable Dollar Tree farmhouse wooden houses decor set I put together.
- Ornaments – Many of the Dollar Tree ornaments are chockfull of ‘extras’ which makes them hard to alter, however, these bells are a crafter’s dream. Make a set of holiday bell ornaments (just use your Cricut for the letters).
- Glass Jars – From mason jars to cute holographic jars, always take a stroll down the glass aisle at your store.
I never find t-shirts or garden flags at my local stores, but keep an eye out for those. All of the holiday signs are perfect for Cricut and Silhouette crafts with a little paint. Note: if you want to sublimate on them, use the laminate sheet method or a sublimation spray.
More Digital Crafting Ideas You Might Like
- The Best Free Unicorn Digital Crafting SVGs, Fonts, Graphics and More – Literally the funnest little ponies with horns that you’ll ever find–and they’re all free!
- Cricut Christmas Ornament Projects – If you’re into holiday crafting, these ideas and resources for Christmas ornaments will be everything you need for a whole new tree.
- Free Halloween Cut Files and Digital Crafting Resources – Want a little something spooky in your life? Get your broom and come check out these free tools.
Please Share or Save This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please save it to a Cricut or Silhouette crafting pin board or share it on Facebook.