Super easy to make this Oh Holy Night farmhouse wooden houses Cricut craft is a great and versatile holiday craft!
Oh Holy Night Farmhouse Wooden Houses Cricut Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love coming up with easy crafts that look absolutely posh (is that a word we’re using still – I don’t know). Let me try that again: One of my favorite things is just coming up with a way to turn cheap materials into a really luxe decor piece. Better? LOL! However you say it, I love taking cheap and making it fabulous.
My latest creation is one of my favorites. Minimalist, fun and easy, these farmhouse wooden houses are an easy Cricut craft that is so fast, you’ll want to make 10 sets. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Dollar Tree crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Special Discounts, and More!
I send free files, exclusive files, and sales. Want them?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make This Christmas Cricut Craft
- This is a super simple and easy way to add a touch of holiday cheer to your mantle. But you can also use it as an addition to a wreath, place these in a window or give them as a gift. They’re just an all-around great holiday craft.
- I was able to find all the materials to make this particular craft at the Dollar Tree. So, yay for another successful (and inexpensive) Dollar Tree craft. But you can also find the supplies at any of the craft stores, so even if you don’t have a dollar store handy, you can find what you need.
- Don’t feel restricted to “Oh Holy Night”. I just thought that would look pretty on my wooden houses. So many options are out there. I liked the idea of “Warm Winter Wishes” or “Hope Joy Love” but you could do anything.
How Do I Make this Oh Holy Night Farmhouse Wooden Houses Cricut Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 3 Dollar Tree Wooden Houses
- White Chalk Paint
- Black Permanent Vinyl
- E6000 Glue
- Paint Brush
- Cricut Weeding Tool
- Transfer tape
- Start by applying 2 coats of White Chalk Paint to all sides of the houses. Allow them to dry completely.
- Open design space and type out your chosen text. I went with "Oh Holy Night" but you could do "Joy Hope Love" or "Warm Winter Wishes". Any text - it's your design. Resize the text to fit within the face of the sign.
- Hit the "make it" button then place the vinyl onto the cutting mat and load the mat into the cutting machine.
- Adjust the material setting to vinyl and hit “go”.
- Remove the negative vinyl from the lettering design and discard.
- Cut a piece of transfer paper about the size of your vinyl design and place the transfer paper on top of the vinyl. With the scraper tool, rub the vinyl design to ensure that the vinyl affixes will to the transfer paper.
- Flip the vinyl and transfer paper face-down and begin to gently remove the vinyl backing off, leaving the vinyl design on the transfer paper.
- Position the vinyl design and transfer tape on the right side of the face of your sign. Take care to position it lightly on top of the wood sign and do not smooth down.
- Once you are happy with the location of the design, begin to apply pressure and smooth the design onto the wood using a scraper tool or old gift card.
- Slowly peel the transfer paper away starting at a corner and very carefully rolling it up and away from the wood. The vinyl will stay on the sign.
- Using the E6000 glue, glue the houses together in order. Allow the glue to dry completely then get ready to display because they're done!
For more fun Dollar Tree crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Christmas Cricut Crafts You Might Like
- Easy Home for the Holidays Sign – So simple to make, this home for the holidays sign is a statement piece!
- Plush Christmas Ornaments – Perfect use of old flannel shirts and a little glitter vinyl, this tutorial is spot-on and easy!
- Christmas Garland Craft – One of the most popular garlands I’ve ever made, this is so cute, I LOVE it!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest.