Make these Oh, Holy Night farmhouse wooden houses for a quick Christmas Cricut craft. The wood houses are from the Crafter’s Square section of the Dollar Tree, making this an inexpensive way to add a little festive decor to your home this season.
Below is the step by step tutorial for this easy holiday Cricut DIY, but I want to mention that if you love this and don’t have a cutting machine, don’t worry. Pick up a thin, fine line paint pen or permanent marker and follow along.
Oh Holy Night Farmhouse Wooden Houses Cricut Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love coming up with easy crafts that look absolutely posh (is that a word we’re using still? – I don’t know). Let me try that again: one of my favorite things is coming up with a way to turn inexpensive materials into a really luxe decor piece.
My latest creation is one of my favorites because it is something you can do while listening to Christmas carols or an Audible book. It’s a minimalist design, making it perfect for farmhouse decor, modern styles, and even gifts.
If you need to gather up supplies or head over to the dollar store, save this to a Cricut holiday crafts pin board or share it on Facebook. When you’re ready to start, it will be easy to find.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make This Christmas Cricut Craft
- This is a simple way to add a touch of holiday cheer to your mantle without having to change your normal decor too much. They are also great as a trio on a window sill for an instant display or tucked into a gift basket.
- I was able to find all the materials to make this particular craft at the Dollar Tree. If you do not have a “Crafter’s Square” section at a local store, you can find these supplies at any of the craft stores.
- When choosing a font style, keep in mind that the smaller and thinner the letters, the harder time a Cricut or Silhouette will have cutting the vinyl.
- For those of you working without a cutting machine, sand the entire front of the wood houses very well at the bottom to avoid any slips of the pen or paint. Choose a thin line or fine permanent marker or paint pen to get the clearest writing.
- Don’t feel restricted to “Oh Holy Night.” You can opt for “Warm Winter Wishes,” “Hope Love Joy,” “Holly Jolly Christmas,” or any number of three word combinations.
Make Christmas Wooden Houses Cricut Craft
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this Dollar Tree wood house idea. If you are not using a cutting machine, be sure to read the tips above.
I chose to leave my houses as simple and as close to Scandinavian Christmas decor as I could (to match other pieces). A couple of ideas to decorate them are:
- add ribbon bows
- wrap twine at the top, middle, or bottom of each wooden house blank
- create a thin line border in Cricut Design Space or Silhouette studio and cut vinyl
More Christmas Cricut Crafts You Might Like
- Easy Home for the Holidays Sign – This home for the holidays sign is a statement piece and is a quick way to add something to a blank wall or back of a book case.
- Plush Christmas Ornaments – If you have some old flannel shirts or fabric, add a little glitter vinyl and you get these adorable Christmas ornaments made with a Cricut.
- Farmhouse Christmas Garland DIY – This is a gorgeous, rustic garland and it is honestly such an easy holiday Cricut project.
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it to a crafty group on Facebook or save it to a Cricut Christmas crafts pin board.