You will never find an easier homemade Rice Krispies treats recipe. Just a few minutes and you can make these no-fail Rice Krispies treats, ready for a snack!
No-Fail Rice Krispies Treats
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love a great homemade Rice Krispies treat, but, to be honest, they seemed a little intimidating. I know–that seems super weird for a girl that whips out a yummy (and cute) cupcake at the drop of a hat. But, honestly, making a great Rice Krispie treat is all about having the perfect blend–and I FINALLY figured it out!
It took a few times of trying, making sure everything was perfect, but yeah, I have a wonderful, tried-and-true no-fail Rice Krispies treats recipe that I am ready to share. If you’re up for an easy snack you can’t get wrong, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite dessert ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Homemade Rice Krispies Treats
- Miniature marshmallows are where it’s at! Don’t even bother with the bigger, jumbo marshmallows, they’re a total waste of space–and time. Seriously, the mini-marshmallows are easier to stir, they melt faster and they’re just more fun.
- Measure the marshmallows and cereal exactly for this easy kids snack. Seriously. I know you’re probably rolling your eyes and shaking your head, because all the recipe really calls for is JUST marshmallows and cereal, but for real, if you want your rice krispies treats to cut into squares that are nice and neat–and not be hard or gooey and melt into, well, non-square shapes, learn from my past mistakes and measure.
- If you’re going to ice your crispy cereal treats, you need to wait until they’ve cooled completely before doing so. If you don’t, your icing or fondant or whatever you’re putting on your treats will melt and be a gooey mess. Don’t get impatient–wait for them to cool completely. Same goes for cutting your treats. If you wait until they cool completely, they’ll be nice and square–if you skip that wait time, you’ll have melty blobs.
How Do I Make this No-Fail Rice Krispies Treats?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 6 tbsp butter, divided
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- Coat a square pan (9x9) thoroughly with 1-2 tbsp butter and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter on medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and mix until it is melted.
- Remove the melted marshmallows from the heat and fold in your rice cereal.
- Using a spatula, flatten the rice cereal treat mixture into your coated pan. Pat it down flat and even and allow to set before cutting into rectangles.
For more awesome Rice Krispies treats recipes, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Rice Krispies Treats Ideas You Might Like
- 10-Minute Iced Rice Krispies Treats – I love the way that you can get the kid involved in the icing of their own treats…so fun!
- Gnome Rice Krispies – All the gnomes all the time is our motto–even in the form of a yummy cereal treat.
- Caramel Apple Rice Krispy Treats – If you need a tasty treat that’s all about some of the best flavors in the world coming together, well, this is it!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy dessert recipes board on Pinterest.