These bubblegum cupcakes are one of those kid-friendly treats that will put you in the hall of fame. This is one of the most simple and adorable cupcake ideas ever.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I have a deep affection for cupcakes. But, one of the biggest kid-pleasing cupcakes I’ve made are these adorable bubblegum cupcakes.
This easy cupcake idea is so cute, it’s hard to eat it. It’s perfect for a gender-reveal party or baby shower, but we used it just for a treat after a summer playdate at the pool. Be sure to use our easy vanilla cupcake recipe to make it even easier. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Gathering ideas? Pin this to your favorite easy cupcake idea board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready to make this fun treat.
Tips to Make this Easy Cupcake Idea
- Do a couple of practice swirls of your frosting on some parchment paper. The frosting doesn’t come out right when it’s just starting.
- Let these bubblegum cupcakes cool completely before frosting them. Warm frosting runs and friends, it’s not pretty.
- To get these bright and shiny bubblegum balls, I hit up my local party store. They have selections by color, so I only got the ones I wanted.
- If you need a vanilla cupcake recipe, I recommend making our Lazy Girl’s Easy Vanilla Cupcakes. They take less than 30-minutes and use ingredients you likely have on hand. And they are a BIG hit on Pinterest.
How Do I Make these Bubblegum Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. You can use any color scheme, obviously, which makes these a perfect birthday party cupcake idea!
- 12 vanilla cupcakes with sprinkles added to mix (we love our Lazy Girl Vanilla Cupcakes for this)
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 small drops red gel food coloring
- 2 small drops blue gel food coloring
- 6 pink bubblegum candies
- 6 blue bubblegum candies
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and milk.
- Beat with a mixer until buttercream makes stiff peaks and the mix is creamy.
- Divide the buttercream into two small bowls.
- Add red gel food coloring to one bowl of frosting and blue to the other. Stir to combine.
- Place one color of frosting along one side of a decorating bag. To make this easy, you may want to put the decorating bag in a cup and fold down the sides, then hold the cup in one hand on it's side while scooping the frosting with a spoon and placing it in the bag with the other hand.
- Place the other color along the other side of the decorating bag.
- Frost each cupcake with a swirling motion.
- Top with one bubblegum candy.
For more easy cupcake decorating ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 45mg Sodium: 141mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 41g Protein: 0g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Cupcake Ideas You Might Like
- Ultimate List of Every Awesome Cupcake Decorating Idea – For real, you’ll find a little bit of everything here–and definitely something unique and fun to inspire you.
- Popcorn Cupcakes – The absolute perfect cupcake for movie-night with the family.
- Unicorn Cupcakes – These are the single most adorable cupcake ever made. It’s all about the rainbow.
- Poop Emoji Cupcakes – Ok. I know, but the kids will just DIE with laughter. They’ll love it–you have to make these at least once!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cupcake idea board on Pinterest.