A Star Wars party might be in my near future, and I’m planning to make these awesome Chewbacca cupcakes. So simple, the kids can help!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are secretly die-hard Star Wars fans. There’s no reason we’ve hidden it all these years, other than, you know, I didn’t think to even share. But then the kid got into Star Wars and now, I’m sharing this new enthusiasm she’s got, too!
And because we might be doing a whole Star Wars party thing, I decided that we needed a fun Star Wars cupcake. The kid loved them, I loved them and they were easy to make. If you’re ready to get making some Chewie cupcakes, too, well, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Star Wars party ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Chewie Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite cupcake recipe. I always start with my Lazy Girl Cupcakes. They’re a no-fail cupcake that anyone can make, as long as you follow the recipe!
- You can absolutely buy some fondant to make Chewie’s bandolier, but you could also make some easy marshmallow fondant with this simple recipe.
- Let the kids take the wheel when it comes to putting the icing on the cupcakes. They might make a mess, but I’ve learned something–they wash-up and learn more from doing than just from watching.
- If you need a fun Star Wars party favor, check out these fun Space Wars crayons I found–Space Wars, lol!
How Do I Make this Star Wars Cupcake?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Cool cupcakes completely before decorating.
- With your largest decorating tip, press into the top of the cupcake off-center, creating a well. Save hole tops.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the silver cupcake gems inside the well in the cupcake.
- Replace hole top on each cupcake.
- Mix 5-10 drops of brown GEL food coloring into your frosting, stirring until the color is consistent.
- Place small star tip in piping bag.
- Fill the piping bag with the brown frosting.
- Frost each cupcake with individual dabs of icing on the top of the cupcake, covering the entire top of the cupcake.
- Work 5-10 drops of black GEL food coloring into marshmallow fondant.
- Break grey marshmallow fondant in half. Set ½ aside.
- With ½ of the marshmallow fondant, work 10-20 drops of black GEL food coloring into the marshmallow fondant to make this portion black.
- Break this now black marshmallow fondant into 12 equal-sized portions.
- Form each of the 12 pieces into a cylinder, then flatten to make a strip. Set aside.
- Break grey marshmallow fondant into 12 equal-sized portions.
- Form each of the 12 pieces into a cylinder, then flatten to make a strip.
- Cut each grey strip into 4-5 pieces.
- Round corners on each piece of the grey fondant and make them into cartridges.
- Place 4-5 cartridges on each black strip, creating bandoliers.
- Place a bandolier on the top, across each cupcake.
You will also need:
- Wax paper (just to set your marshmallow fondant on)
- Smallest star decorating tip you have and decorating bag
For more fun Star Wars party ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Star Wars Crafts You Might Like
- Yoda Mickey Ears – The ultimate Jedi Master, he deserves these amazing Mickey ears to show off how cool he is.
- Death Star Minnie Ears – A little taste of the dark side you can enjoy at a Star Wars party (or on a Disney vacation).
- Ewok Mickey Ears – The most adorable fuzzy-bear-thing you could ever have in your life. And on your head.
- Han and Chewie Mickey Ears – Oh, you’re a hard-core Chewbacca fan? These are the Mickey ears for you.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Star Wars party ideas board on Pinterest.