This peppermint gnome is just about the cutest Christmas gnome on the planet. Seriously, this candy can gnome is undoubtably the cutest I’ve ever made.
What You'll Find On This Page
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have succeeded in a dream of making a peppermint gnome. And, wow, is it impressive. Such a ridiculously cute Christmas gnome, I just feel like it’s amazingly ridiculous and I probably need ten. But, no really, I think I need ten. Because this little candy cane gnome would make an awesome handmade Christmas gift.
And, it’s not hard at all to make this fun Christmas gnome, so if you’re ready to make your own peppermint gnome, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas gnome ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make a Candy Cane Gnome
- Go slow when you’re packing the polyfill into the hat. You don’t want to tear the fabric. But if you do, remember that you’re going to glue the hat in a big twist, so you can hide a little oopsie if you need to.
- If your gnome seems a little top heavy, you can add a second wood round, if necessary.
- Don’t have any polymer clay? That’s ok! You can use a wood bead for the nose and hands. I wouldn’t recommend using actual candy for the candies, though as that would mean leaving candy out.
- If you’re new to making gnomes, check out my basic gnome supplies list here.
How Do I Make this Peppermint Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Christmas Gnome ideas You Might Like
- DIY Gnome Tutorials – If you need a few ideas for making gnomes, well, this is where you’ll find ’em all!
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Gnome – This is probably the cutest gnome I’ve ever made, after this peppermint gnome. The cutest snow bunny ever.
- Christmas Gnome Ornaments – If you need an ornament for a gift or just to deck out your tree, these are the gnomes, er, ornaments, for you!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas gnome ideas board on Pinterest.