If you want to know how to make a sock gnome in 3-minutes, this tutorial is going to take you from zero to done just that fast.
How to Make a Sock Gnome In 3-Minutes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making gnomes. They’re an easy and fun distraction, but more than that, they’re great gifts, they’re simple, and they bring a sense of accomplishment when you make something adorable that you can give or even sell! Sometimes, though, you want to challenge yourself – see just how crazy you can get with your passion. And for me, the question was: “just how fast can you make a gnome?”
It started with the moment I realized, while not even trying, I made a gnome in 10 minutes. I felt emboldened. If I moved quick, what could I do. A five minute gnome was created by my hands. And that was good, but what if I REALLY pushed myself. That’s how I figured how how to make a sock gnome in 3-minutes. This ride is amazing, but fast, so let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY gnomes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Fast Sock Gnome
- If you want to make a fast gnome, you’ve got to have ALL of your supplies ready and on hand. Don’t leave the stuffing in the package in the closet. Get it out, get it set next your craft table. Every. Last. Supply.
- Let’s talk about gnome noses. While I typically use wood beads like these, I decided to do something different this time, making the nose from the sock. I know this is absolutely unorthodox for my typical, but it’s a good method and perfect for a first time gnome-maker.
- If you’re a bit concerned about trying to make a sock gnome because of the beard’s material, don’t worry, I know that fluffy faux fur can be intimidating. I have a method that will help anyone, even a first time gnome-maker, cut a beautiful, long beard super fast. Just put the fur face-down on your cutting surface and, using either a razor or craft knife, cut just the fabric backing. Then you just pull the cut beard away, separating the fur gently. From there, it’s just a matter of gluing it on your gnome!
How to Make a Sock Gnome In 3-Minutes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Ways to Make a Sock gnome You Might Like
- Fluffy Sock Gnome Holding a Coffee Cup – This is one of my very favorite gnomes I’ve ever made. He’s simple, fun and really enjoys his latte.
- Sock Gnome Wearing Boots – Just and adorable little guy, enjoying his cup of joe wearing simple and easy boots in the spring rain!
- Standing Sock Gnome with Legs – If you’ve ever wondered if you can make a gnome that has legs and boots – this is it!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY crafts board on Pinterest.