Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes Recipe
This banana cream pie cupcakes recipe is as close to the traditional dessert as you can get. It has a pudding-filled middle, real bananas, and of course, vanilla wafers. What’s not to love?
This unique cupcake recipe comes together in a snap with just a small handful of ingredients, many of which you probably have in your pantry. Starting with a cake mix base, it is easy to elevate this recipe to become a fast family favorite.
RELATED READING: Milk and Cookies Cupcakes Recipe (These are AMAZING)
Delicious Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I have a true love of cupcakes. We have shared a lot (hundreds) of cupcake recipes here and are always looking for new recipes. My standards are pretty high in that they CAN look good but they HAVE to taste good.
This banana cupcake recipe is the perfect combination of moist cake, creamy filling, and fun crunch. And before get too far into this: because this has a topper, this dessert is best served inside or on cooler days outside.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share
Need to grab a few bananas for the cupcakes? Save this recipe to your favorite dessert or cupcake pin board or share it on Facebook. Using the sharing buttons will make it easy when you are ready to make your delicious cupcakes.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
- To crush the vanilla wafers for the crumbs, use a glass, meat tenderizer, or a small rolling pin. Make sure the baggie is closed tightly or you could have crumbs everywhere.
- If you prefer to use a homemade whipped topping, you just need three ingredients: heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Keep the whipped topping refrigerated until you are ready to frost the cupcakes.
Ingredients for Banana Cupcakes
- Box cake mix (or start with the Lazy Girl’s Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe)
- A banana
- Banana cream pie pudding
- Whipped topping
- Vanilla wafer cookies
How to Make Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes Recipe
Each step for this cupcake recipe is detailed below to make it easy to follow. Keep this page open while you are creating your banana cream pie cupcakes. If you prefer to have a printed recipe of our favorite banana cream pie recipe, scroll down and select the print button.
Add the cake mix and ingredients into a large bowl and beat until smooth.
Mash the banana with a fork, making sure to squish all the larger chunks out.
Add the mashed banana to the cake batter. Beat until smooth.
Fill the cupcake pan with the batter and bake.
Carve out a hole in the center of each cupcake. You can use a small paring knife or a large piping tip.
Pipe banana pudding into each hole in the cupcakes. It’s okay if it overflows a bit – we’ll cover it up.
Add vanilla wafers to a plastic bag and crush into tiny pieces.
Frost each easy banana cream pie cupcake with the whipped topping. Note: you can use an easy buttercream recipe like this, however, the whipped topping makes these very easy and a bit lighter.
Top each of the cupcakes with the remaining vanilla wafers. This is one of our favorite ways to use vanilla wafers!
Sprinkle some of the crumbs over the frosting and serve immediately.
Notes For Making Banana Cupcakes
- If you don’t have a small knife or large piping tip, use a melon baller to core the center of the cupcake.
- Make sure the cupcakes are completely cooled before frosting. Whipped topping is especially fragile and will melt VERY easily.
- When choosing bananas for mashing, the peel should have started to turn brown. This will make it easier to mash than a greener banana and the flavor is more “banana-y.”
More Cupcake Recipes You May Like
- Easy Butterbeer Cupcakes Recipe: These decadent cupcakes are a must for any Harry Potter party and they are pretty easy to put together.
- Falcon & Winter Soldier Cupcakes: These easy Falcon & Winter Soldier cupcakes are so fun and PERFECT for an Avengers party or Marvel party cupcake!
- Minnie Ears Ariel Cupcakes: Don’t miss out on these Minnie Ears Ariel Cupcakes! They’re the perfect addition to any birthday party celebration.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save this cupcake recipe to your favorite dessert pin board or share it on Facebook.