These red white and blue Rice Krispies are perfect if you want a quick and easy July 4th dessert idea. They are simple, fun, and the kids will love snacking on them!
Red White and Blue Rice Krispies
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love sharing easy, quick dessert ideas and Rice Krispies are always a crowd favorite!
The kids loved making these simple red white and blue Rice Krispies treats. They are simple and the kids will be so proud to let everyone at the BBQ know they “made” them. No one can resist this easy patriotic treat Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Pin this to your favorite July 4th board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make these Patriotic Rice Krispies
- You don’t have to start with pre-made treats, but frankly, getting them into nice, clean squares is a pain so if the kids are making these, I recommend the pre-made ones.
- Put the sprinkles on while the candy is still wet. If you wait too long, they won’t stick.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
How Do I Make these Red White and Blue Rice Krispies?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our easy recipe July 4th dessert idea the kids can make themselves.
- 2-8 count boxes of Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats or homemade
- 16 Popsicle sticks
- 12 ounces white candy melts
- Patriotic red, white and blue sprinkles
- Line a large baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each treat. Refrigerate treats for about 20 minutes.
- Heat candy melts per the package directions until melted.
- Dip each treat into the chocolate and return to the baking sheet.
- Before the chocolate hardens, add patriotic sprinkles.
- Place in the refrigerator for 10 mintues or allow to set on the counter for 20 minutes.
For more yummy July 4th dessert ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 17mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 21g Protein: 0g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More July 4th Dessert Ideas You Might Like
- Ultimate List of July 4th Desserts – If you’ve ever wanted a July 4th dessert, this list will have the treat you need!
- Flag Cupcakes – I am not joking, I think the kids had as much fun decorating these as they did eating them. LOL!
- Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes – Ridiculously adorable and SO FUN for the kids to eat. This is a must-have for our July 4th celebration.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Independence Day board on Pinterest.