These red white and blue Rice Krispies are perfect if you want a quick and easy 4th of July dessert idea. They are simple, fun, and the kids will love snacking on them!
And the best part is this same design can be used for other occasions, making this easy recipe a keeper. Get the tips and tricks to make these classic treats.
Red White and Blue Rice Krispies
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love sharing easy, quick dessert ideas and Rice Krispies are always a crowd favorite. The little one loved helping to make these and was pretty proud of her decorating skills, too.
If you’re making these for a Bar-B-Q or picnic, wrap them in parchment once they’ve fully set. To serve as a party favor, get small cellophane bags and tie with a decorative, festive ribbon.
RELATED READING: These Dipped Marshmallows are Perfect for the 4th of July!
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
If you’re gathering ideas, save this to an Independence Day food ideas pin board or share it to Facebook. Use the sharing buttons to make this easy to find when you’re ready to begin.
Tips to Make These Patriotic Rice Krispies
- You don’t have to start with pre-made treats, but frankly, it is EASY for the kids to do.
- Pre-made treats keeps them engaged and no one will melt down.
- Put the sprinkles on while the candy is still wet. If you wait too long, they won’t stick.
- This red, white, and blue food idea is an easy way to make a great looking dessert table. Wrap or stack these up (parchment in between) and let everyone grab a sweet snack.
- For different colors (a chocolate red, white, and blue swirl would be epic), use colored candy wafers. Do not add food coloring to the chocolate wafers.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
More Red White and Blue Recipes You Might Like
- July 4th Popcorn Balls – These are an absolute HIT at every get together and we made them for Independence Day (they are just so cute all stacked up).
- Ultimate List of July 4th Desserts – If you’ve ever wanted a July 4th dessert, this list will have the treat you need!
- Flag Cupcakes – I am not joking when I say the kids had as much fun decorating these as they did eating them.
- Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes – Ridiculously adorable and SO FUN for the kids to eat.
Please Save or Share This Easy Patriotic Food Dessert Idea
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this fourth of July dessert? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Independence Day pin board.
How to Make Independence Day Rice Krispies
Below is our easy recipe July 4th dessert idea the kids can make themselves. If you’re serving these at a party, consider adding a dollop of whipped cream on top for the little ones. You’ll hear squeals of delight!