I love how fast these easy stormtrooper cupcakes came together. They’re just a basic fondant shape and cutouts–but they make the best Star Wars cupcakes!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a secret crush on Ben Solo–spoiler: whyyyyyy?! But also, there’s more to it. There’s just something about the “bad boy” that gets to me. So, when the kiddo asked for a mini-Star Wars party to watch the final episode of The Mandalorian this season, who was I to deny?! And, of course, I needed a cupcake.
So, I came up with these easy and fun Star Wars cupcakes that are nothing short of genius. You seriously won’t find an easier stormtrooper cupcake and you can modify these to be just about any fun Star Wars character! If you’re ready to get the imperial march going in your head, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy desserts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Star Wars Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcake. I like to use my Lazy Girl cupcake recipe. It’s no-fail fluffy-and-light-cupcakes anyone can make, as long as you follow the directions. To make them chocolate, I just added 1/2 cup of melted chocolate chips.
- Allow your fondant creations to sit overnight on the counter. You can use them right away, sure, but at the end of the day, if they can dry out, they will be a lot more likely not to flop over and be all bendy.
- I adore the way that this frosting looks. It’s just a super simple technique where you put the two colors of icing into the same piping bag. So cool.
- Oh, and most of the “decoration” is done with an edible food marker. If you have one, great. But if you don’t, grab one here because they make everything easier! LOL!
How Do I Make Stormtrooper Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 22 of your Favorite Cupcakes
Fondant Minnie Ears and Bow
- 2 package of white fondant
- 1 package of black fondant
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 1 C cocoa powder
- 5-7 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before decorating.
- Cream together the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and heavy whipping cream, vanilla until smooth.
- Separate the icing into two bowls.
- Add a few drops of the black gel food coloring into one bowl.
- Place the black frosting into one side of the piping bag.
- Place the white frosting into the other side.
- To decorate the cupcakes, using the black edible marker, draw out a storm trooper face on one circle and the symbol on the other.
- Allow fondant creations to dry for at least 1 hour.
- Ice the cooled cupcakes in a big swirl.
- Place a small black bow in the middle of the cupcakes
- Place an ear on each side of the cupcakes and enjoy!
You will also need:
- 1 wilton fondant bow mold
- 1 mini circle fondant cutter
- 1 edible black marker
- 1 large piping bag with large star tip
- black gel food coloring
For more fun cupcake decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 10Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Cupcake Decorating Ideas You Might Like
- Inside Out Cupcakes – These are so ridiculously easy, you can literally have them done in just a few minutes and ready to serve!
- Simple Gnome Cupcakes – I don’t know about you, but I love gnomes–and having a gnome for a cupcake just makes me giggle.
- Super Easy Cactus Cupcakes – Alright, so you’ve seen those ridiculously cool (but kind of hard to make) cactus cupcakes? Yeah, I hacked them and made them SUPER easy.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest.