This 4th of July gnome shelf sitter sign is an easy craft project to add patriotic flair to your summer decor without a ton of work. Use scraps to make this DIY gnome for a tiered tray, bookcase, or display for a gnome sweet gnome.
If you have a scrap of faux fur lying around, gather up a scrap of fabric and something for a gnome nose. This Independence Day craft is done in about 5 minutes, so grab your glue gun and let’s get started.
DIY Gnome Shelf Sitter Sign for Summer Decor
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I’m always looking for easy ways to add a bit of fun to my decor. I don’t go overboard and change my decor a lot during the summer months, but I like to add a bit of the old red, white, and blue where I can.
This usually means I create a 4th of July tiered tray or pop something into a few key areas in my home: a bookcase, the entryway, and the front door. I’ve shared quite a few DIY projects over the years but I have to say, this little gnome sign is one of the easiest, by far!
I made this one using a 3 inch square sign, but you can make it bigger for a door sign, wall decor, or even make it on a mason jar! You can see how I did that here with the gnome cookie jar DIY I made a couple of years ago.
No Time to Make This Gnome? Save or Share for Later
If you need to gather up some supplies, save this to a summer crafts pin board or share it to Facebook. It will be easy to find when you’re ready to begin.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips for Making an Easy Shelf Sitter Sign
- Use those weird fabric scraps you have gathered, even if they’re not “4th of July” themed. If you watch the video, you can see I’m using a wonky fabric scrap for the hat.
- Faux fur is the most expensive craft supply when making gnomes or stuffed animals. I save each and every scrap I cut off, no matter how small.
- If your fur scraps are all too small to fit your gnome sign, don’t worry. Watch this video on how to piece together fur.
- On this gnome sign, I used a tiny heart button I’ve had in my stash for I-can’t-believe-how-long-I-held-onto-that. Sometimes it pays off to hoard those craft supplies… That said, a little wooden star from the dollar store, a starburst button, or even a pompom would look great for the gnome hat’s accent.
- If you don’t have any on hand, you can skip the Poly-Fil and use fabric scraps to stuff the gnome hat.
Instructions for This 5 Minute Gnome Craft
Below are the supplies and written instructions for this quick gnome DIY. If you’re a visual learner, watch the 4th of July gnome shelf sitter video tutorial here on YouTube.
While you’re there, subscribe to the channel. We have a lot of fun with easy, quick crafts and well, a lot of gnomes.
More Easy 4th of July Craft Ideas
If you watch the video tutorial here, you’ll see how I created the following projects using just a few items I had on hand in my craft stash.
American Flag Tiered Tray Pillow
In the video tutorial, I share how to make the EASIEST tiered tray pillow for the 4th of July. Use rectangles of fabric, a hot glue gun, and a bit of stuffing to make these in any shape! You have to see how cute this is.
July 4th Mini Rolling Pins
These mini rolling pins for the 4th are so easy to make and can be changed easily. Learn how to make these Independence Day mini rolling pins here.
4th of July Dough Bowl Balls
Watch the video and learn to make these fun dimensional pieces. Gather up Styrofoam® balls and 1/2 inch strips of ticking stripe and whip up a few of these to tuck into dough bowls, buckets, book cases, and tiered trays.
DIY US Cork Flag
A frame, some paint, and corks are all you really need to whip up this cork flag craft. Get the full supplies list and tutorial for this easy project.
More Independence Day Gnome DIY Projects
- Heirloom Quality 4th of July Gnome – This gnome can be assembled with a sewing machine or a hot glue gun. The gnome pattern is one of the easiest to make and includes a ton of extras.
- Firecracker Gnome DIY for Independence Day – This red, white, and blue DIY gnome is a fun way to add 6 inches of BOOM! to your decor.
- Make a Quick Dollar Store Gnome – A pillow, a scarf, and a balloon weight turn into the cutest little gnome for the fourth of July!
Please Save or Share Tiered Tray Gnome Sign
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to a 4th of July crafts pin board or share it with a crafty friend on Facebook.