This gnome cookie jar is so easy–and it’s such a perfect Christmas gnome project, it’s the best fun farmhouse decor. A little Christmas gift to myself, if you know what I mean?!
Gnome Cookie Jar
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we may or may not (mostly may) have a little obsession with gnomes. And cookies. Yes, I will admit it. I love cookies. A lot. So, when I saw this wildly fun jar at the thrift store, I couldn’t help but pick it up and make this awesome gnome cookie jar.
Such a fun upcyle project, I had this Christmas gnome made in just a few minutes (minus the time I had to let the paint dry–sigh, time slowing me down. LOL! If you’re ready to make a fun gnome cookie jar for your farmhouse kitchen, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite (use keywords) board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Christmas Gnome Craft
- You don’t have to use your favorite wooden spoon for this adorable cookie jar gnome. Seriously, I picked up the wooden spoon, the little wooden knob to put on the cookie jar lid, and the jar at the thrift store. That way my favorite spoon can be free to be used still! LOL!
- Click here to get the free printable gnome cookie jar pattern. You’re going to need it if you plan to make this easy Christmas gnome.
- Because this adorable Christmas gnome craft is spray painted, I don’t plan to put my cookies in the jar without protection. Sure, you might not die right away, but I personally just don’t want my cookies smelling like paint. So, I decided to put my cookies in a baggie. I know, defeats the purpose, but whatever. At least there’s not a bag of cookies on the counter.
How Do I Make this Gnome Cookie Jar?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Christmas Gnome Ideas You Might Like
- Christmas Gnome Ornaments – Seriously one of the easiest DIY gnome tutorials that you will find. And the results are a stunning ornament you’ll be proud is on your tree!
- The Best Gnome Tutorials You Can Find – You won’t find a more comprehensive set of fun gnome tutorials for all sorts of holidays, seasons, and just for fun!
- Easy DIY Christmas Gnome – If you’re looking for a fun gnome that doesn’t have a cookie jar attached to his butt, check out this super easy DIY!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest.