This Winter Farmhouse Wood Sign is a Beautiful Winter Door Hanger!
My friend in Texas is about to get chilly weather so I made her this absolutely beautiful winter farmhouse wood sign to welcome the cold!
Winter Farmhouse Wood Sign
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love crafting for the love of crafting, but there’s something about making a craft as a gift for a friend. One of the ladies I am friends with was complaining that the weather is turning and fast where she lives in Texas, but she doesn’t have a door hanger. So I decided to remedy that and made this beautiful winter farmhouse wood sign.
RELATED READING: GNOME SWEET GNOME FARMHOUSE PORCH SIGN WITH GNOMES
To be honest, I’m a little jealous of this farmhouse winter sign she’s getting. It’s simple, clean and just so fun. If you’re ready to make a winter door sign, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Farmhouse Winter Sign
- First, grab the Baby It’s Cold Outside free Christmas cut file set here. I wanted something cute and wintery for my friend, but not overtly Christmasey so she can keep it hanging on her door even past the holiday on into January, if she wants.
- Grab a large wood round like this one. Because I planned to ship this, I wanted a smooth edge, unlike the live edge I wanted on the wood round I used for the farmhouse gnome fall display. But if I had planned to keep this farmhouse wood sign for winter, I would have maybe used the live edge. It might have been just a smidge more rustic and fun. So, you choose!
- Before you run off and staple down the rope on the back, be sure (so very sure) that your staples aren’t going to poke through your wood. I almost made that mistake and had to get the shorter staples. That would have been hard to cover at that point and you don’t want to ruin your pretty holiday wood sign there at the end.
How Do I Make this Winter Farmhouse Wood Sign?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Farmhouse Wood Signs You Might Like
- Faux Crate Farmhouse Centerpiece – This is one of the most beautiful farmhouse crafts you can make this winter and it’s so easy, you’re going to love it.
- Dollar Tree Fall Gather Sign – If you’re looking for more than just an easy craft, but one that won’t break the bank, either, this fun fall farmhouse sign is exactly what you need.
- Magic of Christmas Wooden Sign – So cute and definitely one of the best holiday crafts ever, this farmhouse wood sign is perfect for an entryway, door or more!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest.