I couldn’t wait to turn this little bit of glue and some bottle brush trees to make this fun farmhouse centerpiece using this free Chtistmas cut file.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are already getting into the holiday mood. I needed a more personalized centerpiece to go with my winter decor I’ve been making. So, of course, I made a fun and free SVG file set and got to work!
I love these kinds of crafts because they’re quick and simpler than some of the more complex ones I make. But, to be honest, this fun Christmas centerpiece may be more fun than anything I could have made more complex. If you’re er ready to make a farmhouse Christmas centerpiece, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite farmhouse crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make this Farmhouse Christmas Centerpiece
- Start by grabbing the free Christmas tree cut file set here. If you don’t have a cutting machine, you can always cut it out with an exacto knife or even scissors. Just printouou
- IF you want to make your little Christmas lights bright, place them near the surface of your bottle brush trees. Digging the little lights deeper into the foliage will make the trees twinkle, but maybe not as brightly as you would like.
- I found everything I needed to make this fun Christmas farmhouse centerpiece at the craft-store, even the wood. Just look around when you’e there next.
How Do I Make this Christmas Farmhouse Centerpiece?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Oracle 651 vinyl or permanent vinyl of your choice •Transfer tape
- Paint sticks (2 packs)
- Faux snow and fairy lights for added decoration
- Wood stain
- Paint brush or foam brush
- Cricut Weeding tool
- Cricut scrapper tool or old credit card
- Mod podge
- High heat hot glue gun with industrial grade glue sticks (alternative E6000 or wood glue)
- Bottle brush trees (at least 3)
- Cricut or other cutting machine
- Cricut blue light or green standard grip mat
- Cut the paint sticks to the following sizes: 4 pieces at 12 x 4 -inches; 4 pieces at 3.5 x 4 -inches, and 2 pieces 11.5 x 2 -inches.
- Create an "L" shape with one of the 12 x 4 pieces of wood and one of the 3.5 x 4 pieces of wood. Hot glue this in place.
- Repeat with a second set of 12x4 pieces of wood and 3.5 x 4 pieces.
- Combine the two "L" shapes to create a large rectangle and hot glue that in place.
- Repeat with the two remaining 12 x 4 pieces and 3.5 x 4 pieces.
- Place the second rectangle on top of the first and hot glue in place.
- Cover the bottom of the box with the remaining two pieces of wood, hot gluing them in place.
- Stain the wood then allow it to dry completely.
- Add a coat of mod podge over the wood to help the vinyl adhere evenly.
- Download the Christmas tree farm cut file set and load it into Design Space, then cut your vinyl by following the step and prompts.
- Weed the discard vinyl from the transfer paper. Place the vinyl design onto the face of the box and make sure you like the design. Then, using your scraper tool. rub the vinyl into place onto the wood.
- Gently remove the transfer paper and add polyfill and trees in the center.
For more fun farmhouse tutorials, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Farmhouse Christmas Crafts You Might Like
- Magic of Christmas Wooden Sign – I love how easy it was to make this fun giant gift tag wooden sign for Christmas farmhouse decor!
- Vintage Christmas Farmhouse Milk Jug Craft – Such a fun way to breath new life into an otherwise boring milk jug. This craft is super fast and simple.
- Christmas Farm Truck Ornament in a Jar Gift – A gift for anyone who loves crafting, Christmas or vintage farm trucks.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite farmhouse Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.