Because it’s my favorite and I can’t resist temptation (no control here), I made these easy 10-minute salted caramel hot cocoa bombs. So good, it’s sinful!
Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a secret love that you’ll never guess (ok, you probably do know, since I already told you, but whatever, just play along). I love LOVE love salted caramel hot chocolate. It’s not a treat I indulge in frequently, but when I do, I literally savor every single sip. So, when the craving struck this weekend, I took to the kitchen to make some salted caramel hot cocoa bombs for a fun treat that afternoon – and a few more for later this week!
And that right there is the best part about figuring out how to make hot cocoa bombs – they store REALLY well, so you can make them for a treat that you can easily gift or save for yourself for another day. If you’re ready to make some fast and fun salted caramel hot chocolate bombs, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy hot cocoa bomb recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs
- If you can manage it, I strongly recommend making your homemade hot cocoa bombs using melting chocolate as opposed to regular chocolate chips. Not only do the candy melts have a tendency to more smoothly, but if you’re wanting to make colorful hot cocoa bombs, the candy melts are already colored, eliminating all of that fuss. So, grab some melting chocolate like this and make your salted caramel hot chocolate bombs quick.
- I thought it would be wise to make sure the caramels more likely to dissolve and NOT choke anyone when they’re drinking the cocoa. So, I decided to go with soft caramel candies like these. You can certainly make these salted caramel hot chocolate bombs with the hard caramel candies, but I didn’t want to risk that they might not melt and getting all chokey.
- When you’re ready to use your salted caramel cocoa bombs, put your bomb in a coffee much, separately heating your milk and pouring it over the bomb. The hot cocoa bomb will float up and actually “explode” as the chocolate melts!
How Do I Make Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Easy Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Bombs – If you love salted caramel, chances are peppermint hot cocoa is probably high on your list, too!
- Unicorn Hot Cocoa Bombs – One of the most fun hot chocolate bombs you can make, this one is shaped like a unicorn and so easy, too!
- Lego Man Hot Cocoa Bombs – Absolutely one of the most fun shaped hot cocoa bomb you can make, this lego hot cocoa bomb is so fun, the kiddo is still giggling about it.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite hot chocolate recipes board on Pinterest.