I love making quick crafts and this easy DIY dollar store candle holder upcycle craft is so super simple, but you get this elegant farmhouse decor, I just can’t help but share!
DIY Dollar Store Candle Holder
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore elegant farmhouse decor. But, to be honest, I kind of love cheap and easy crafting even more. So, when i decided that I needed some pretty votive candle holders, it wasn’t to the craft store that I headed–it was to the dollar store.
A little touch of glue, some buffalo check and a tad bit of ingenuity and I had these super simple, but wildly beautiful farmhouse candle holders for Christmas ready to shine! If you need some DIY votive candle holders, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Candle holder Dollar Store DIY
- Don’t overthink this. If your dollar store doesn’t have exactly what I’ve shown here, get creative. Don’t go driving around like crazy to hit the next dollar store in town. Just grab the next best thing on the shelf–it might be even better than what I had access to!
- Oh, you don’t care for the little red holly bits that I used? That’s ok. Again, don’t overthink this–the dollar store has about a million different baubles and bits to add to your farmhouse candle holders (all of which are a dollar, so you could even grab a couple to try out).
- I feel like I use a lot of hot glue around here. But this calls for something a little sturdier because the two pieces of glass and heat from the candle. I mean, just a lot of reasons. So, for this craft, I chose to use E6000 craft glue. It’s tough, heat resistant and perfect for putting together two pieces of glass.
How Do I Make dollar store diy Candle Holders?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Dollar Store Craft Ideas You Might Like
- Dollar Store Sock Gnome – It’s a quick 20-minute craft and you’ll have this adorable mop-beard gnome just waiting to hang out at your favorite perch!
- Dollar Store Gnome Wreath – Take a few dollar store items and turn them into a gnome wreath that will decorate your door year after year.
- Easy DIY Snowman Ornament – The most epically easy of Christmas ornaments, this dollar store craft is so quick, it’s not funny. Or is it?!
- Gnome with a Face (done 3 ways!) – Need a gnome with a face? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered–and almost everything I used came from the dollar store!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY craft ideas board on Pinterest.