This DIY Dollar Store Christmas Wreath is so Adorable and Quick!
I had an idea and immediately ran to the store–this DIY dollar store Christmas wreath is so simple and fun. And breathes new life in an old sweater!
DIY Dollar STore CHristmas Wreath
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we really love making crafts for Christmas. Whether it’s a gift for someone else or an addition to my personal collection of Christmas crafts, if I have 20 minutes free, I’m making something. So, when I had the idea for a fun upcycled sweater wreath from an old sweater in my closet. All I needed was a form and some decorations, to the dollar store I went.
RELATED READING: 30+ BEST GNOME ORNAMENT TUTORIALS
It’s not every day that I have an old sweater, but if you do or can find one at the thrift store, this easy DIY dollar store Christmas wreath is definitely a great use for it. If you’re ready to make a holiday wreath you’ll love, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Christmas Wreath
- When you get ready to cut the sweater, cutting horizontally along the bottom of the sweater is a great place to start. But be aware of the design of the sweater–you want any ribbing or print to match-up and look nice.
- I love an asymmetric wreath. The floral decorations just look so nice when it’s on one side of the wreath, allowing the pretty sweater to show.
- For hanging an asymmetric wreath that has decorations mostly on one side, hold the wreath on an extended finger and see where it balances so the decorations are centered. Tie on your hanger at this point.
- If you need a metal wreath hanger, I love this simple black wreath hanger. It’s perfect as a neutral color with any Christmas wreath.
How Do I Make this DIY Wreath?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Christmas Crafts You Might Like
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornament Kid’s Craft – I love making things with the kiddo during the holidays. This is the perfect ornament to make together!
- Farmhouse Gnome Ornament – I love gnomes and of course they need to be on my Christmas tree. If you think that I won’t be making a ton of these, you’re wrong.
- Silent Night Pillow with Free Cut File – I love using my cutting machine to make holiday crafts and this one is just wonderful in every way!
- Dollar Store Gnome Wreath – A 20-minute Christmas craft, I love how this easy gnome came together and I got to recycle some junk!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.