Flamingo Cupcakes for an Easy-Peasy Summer Vibe
These flamingo cupcakes with swirl batter are perfect for summer or a luau party. It’s easy to bring a bit of the fun flamingo party food to your table, so let’s get started.
There are affiliate links in this article which means, at no additional cost to you, we could receive compensation for our recommendations. You can read our full disclosure policy.
Tropical Vibes, Luau Parties, and Summer Party Ideas
I’m a sucker for flamingos, friends. They are oddly beautiful and I’m always drawn to them at the zoo, in design, and now, apparently with food!
These flamingo cupcakes are perfect for a tropical party, beach party, summer birthday celebration, and so much more.
A few other fun ideas if you’re setting up a party:
- candles – they make flamingo candles and you will fall in love
- such a fun (and inexpensive) party favor people will RAVE about
- my favorite party banner EVER (it has two tropical elements that I love)!
- the cutest flamingo straws (we got ours on Amazon)
Ingredients for Fun Flamingo Cupcakes
First, let me say that if you're crunched for time, have a bakery make cupcakes with pink or pink and white swirled icing. There's just so much to do that it's not always feasible to make homemade cupcakes.
For the Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup softened butter (not melted)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- pink cupcake liners (or grab these two in one - no need for liners AND toppers)
- flamingo icing decorations (or pick up these from Amazon if you can't find them locally)
- piping bag fitted with a star tip
- pink food coloring
For the Frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup softened butter (not melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or coconut)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- pink food coloring
How to Make Pink Swirl Flamingo Cupcakes
Below is the written and printable tutorial for this fun cupcake decorating idea. Use the comments section below if you have any questions.
Over to You
What is your favorite cupcake flavor? I'm going to bore you and say it's between two classics for me: red velvet and plain 'ol vanilla.