I adore this DIY seasonal gnome sign so much–it was so easy to make and the results are just too cute. Using print and cut Cricut files to make these gnome magnets was just so easy!
DIY Seasonal Gnome Sign
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have the most fun making gnome crafts. It’s got to be kind of a thing. But making clever ways to display these gnomes? Oh, that’s even more fun. So when I figured out how to make print-and-cut gnomes on the Cricut…using magnets…with a sign…OH YES! I couldn’t wait to get my Cricut out and start cutting.
The best part is that I’ll never misplace the little gnome magnets because they’ll be right there–waiting their turn at holiday mischief! If you’re digging this easy interchangeable gnome sign, well, let’s get started!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make A Gnome Sign with Storage
- First, grab all of the little seasonal gnomes you might want:
- Or, if you’re feeling a little sweet, grab some fun fruit gnomes:
- You’re also going to need a few other supplies, but the basic items you’ll need are a few washers, wood to hang the gnomes on, some printable magnet sheets and a Cricut Maker. Easy enough, right?!
How Do I Make this Seasonal Gnome Sign?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Get New Gnomes and Techniques Delivered Right to You!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
- 1 Long Rectangle Tobacco Basket
- 1 Long Rectangle Wood Art (mine had a raised frame and hangers on the back)
- Printable Magnet Sheets
- Gold Paint (optional)
- White Chalk Paint
- 15 Metal Washers
- 2 Pieces Floral Wire
- Faux Flowers (if desired)
- Print and Cut (PNG) Gnome Files (links above)
- Super Glue
- Desktop Printer
- Cricut Maker
- Paint your wood rectangle white and, because mine had a raised frame, I painted it gold. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Download the PNG files for the gnomes you want to put on your sign, then upload them to Cricut Design Space. Follow the prompts for a complex design, then load the magnetic sheet and cut them out. In the event that the Cricut cuts through any of the gnomes in a way that you're not super excited about, you can super glue the pieces back together.
- Super glue washers in a straight line on the front side of the wood rectangle, where you want the gnomes to sit. And glue washers randomly on the back to store the gnomes not in use.
- If you want to add faux flowers for a gnome set that's not 5 pieces, you can simply cut a piece of scrap magnet sheet to the same size as the washer you want to cover and then super glue faux flowers to the front of the scrap magnet piece.
- Thread the floral wire through the hangers on the back of the wood rectangle then through the tobacco basket. Wind the floral wire tightly on the back side. Then hang your gnomes on the wall!
For more fun gnome projects, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- DIY Gnome Tutorials – I am seriously in love with making gnomes. And although print-and-cut projects are fun, real gnomes are where it’s at.
- Easiest Farmhouse Gnome Ever – Speaking of real gnomes, this is one of my favorites and he’s so easy to make, you’re going to love making it.
- Valentine Sock Gnome Couple with a Twisted Hat – One of my favorite DIY gnome projects, it’s a little more complicated, but super easy–and wildly fun!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy craft project ideas board on Pinterest.