I decided to try my hand at plaster casting gnomes and I have to say making these plaster gnomes with latex molds was a blast!
Plaster Gnomes with Latex Molds
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making something new and different all the time. And when I saw some adorable plaster gnomes – and then ran across a latex mold to make something similar, I knew what I had to do. So, I grabbed the mold and learned how to make plaster gnomes with latex molds.
So crazy easy, this is a no-fail gnome project that anyone can do with limited ability. Just dive right in and you’ll see just how easy it is to make gnomes from plaster – so let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy gnome crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make DIY Garden Gnomes
- Start by grabbing the latex molds for the gnomes you want to make. I used:
- If you plan to display your gnomes outside or in a window with direct sunlight, I definitely recommend sealing them with a UV sealant like this here. This particular sealant will keep the color from fading and you won’t have to redo them.
- If you choose to make several gnomes with this method, take care to allow them to cure completely before painting them. If you paint them too early, the paint will trap some of the moisture in the plaster and make them brittle. So, just let them dry, per the directions on your specific plaster.
How Do I Make this Plaster Gnomes with Latex Molds?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making an easy crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our plaster gnomes video tutorial.
More DIY Gnome Projects You Might Like
- Plaster Gnome Ornaments – Using the same plaster of Paris bag, make these wow-worthy Christmas ornaments and package tags.
- DIY Garden Gnome from Concrete – Sculpting with concrete isn’t easy, but with this DIY garden gnome, you can make a fun little guy fast!
- Polymer Clay Gnomes with Feet – Itty bitty gnomes with big ‘ole feet make me giggle and these guys with curly hats are no exception.
- No-Sew Bee Gnome Pattern – One of my favorite patterns, this fun no-sew bee gnome with DIY wings is SO CUTE!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy DIY ideas board on Pinterest.