I decided to make a summer gnome with this no-sew beach gnome pattern to bring a bit of the fun-in-the-sun element to life!
No-Sew Beach Gnome Pattern
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have some serious whimsy built-up and no good creative outlet – except gnome-making! Seriously, I have had this wild streak recently, making some of the funniest gnomes and this beach bum gnome is no exception.
Super quick and a treat to make, this no-sew beach gnome pattern is definitely one of my more silly gnomes. If you’re in need of a summer gnome that’s definitely a “looker”, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite gnome patterns board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Summer Gnome
- To make this gnome, I made the body from my Bubble Body Gnome pattern here. You’ll also need the beach accessories pattern set here. You do not HAVE to use the bubble body gnome pattern, but it is very handy. Really, you just need the beach accessories to make that fun hat, board shorts and the flip flops (and also the hands/feet and the belly button – but who’s counting?!).
- I usually turn to wood beads or polymer clay balls for my gnome noses. But this pattern called for a “seamless” look, in my mind. So, I made my nose for this pattern with a quick beige fleece ball. Included in the tutorial below, you can make this ball in just a minute or two, it’s so easy.
- Because this is a no-sew gnome pattern, I used hot glue to do all the hemming. To make sure you have a little give in your seams, I recommend you use a fabric hot glue stick like these.
- I used a fun red, white, and blue faux fur here to make this gnome’s mustache (no beard because I wanted to show off that belly button). If you’ve never been happy with results when cutting faux fur before, I made a quick video tutorial on how to cut faux fur here to help you get started. It’s all about that craft knife or razor blade – no scissors necessary.
Get the Bubble Gnome Pattern
Click below to add this fun pattern to your cart. So many gnomes can be made with this!
How Do I Make this No-Sew Beach Gnome Pattern?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial and you can find the full beach gnome tutorial here on YouTube.
More No-Sew Gnome Patterns You Might Like
- No-Sew Bee Gnome Pattern – Busy buzzing into summer with it’s own little set of DIY wings and everything!
- Patriotic Gnome Pattern – One of my favorite gnomes I’ve made recently, this one is all about that rustic patriotic fun!
- DIY Garden Gnome – You can seriously make your own garden gnome with this quick and fun summer tutorial.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite summer crafts board on Pinterest.