You’re not going to believe how easy it is to make these Mother’s Day hot cocoa bombs, a delicious sugar cookie white hot cocoa bomb recipe you’ll love!
Mother’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we LOVE making hot cocoa bombs and when a friend of mine expressed a NEED for a recipe for hot cocoa bombs for a Mother’s Day gift for her mom, I couldn’t help but oblige. She told me what her mom’s favorite flavor was (sugar cookie) and that she wanted something “bright and fun”. Off I went, coming up with these easy and fast pink-and-white hot cocoa bombs!
They’re super easy and incredibly tasty. Definitely a recipe you’ll want to make for mom AND yourself. Plus, you better make one for the kid, too, because they’ll be stealing yours if you’re not careful! LOL! If you’re ready to make a white chocolate hot cocoa bomb you’re going to love gifting, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite yummy dessert recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Sugar Cookie White Hot Cocoa Bombs
- I recommend that you never ever try to make hot cocoa bombs using your regular chocolate chips like you would for cookies. Especially if you’re using white chocolate chips. Notoriously difficult, white chocolate has a tendency to get lumpy and the entire experience is awful. Even with almond bark. Don’t do it.. Instead, I highly recommend using disc candy melts. They’re perfect for melting and molding, so, just grab a bag of melting discs like this.
- To give the sugar cookie flavor, I used Smashmallow sugar cookie flavored marshmallows. I found them at the grocery store, while picking up my normal supplies. But, they have the most amazing flavor, adding a bit of unique tastiness to these hot chocolate bombs that are so fun.
- Just let mom know that the way you get the most “bang for your buck” with hot cocoa bombs is to heat your milk up, then pop your bomb in the mug, pour the milk over it and let it explode, revealing your hot cocoa mix!
How Do I Make Mother’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 6 Pink Flower Icing Decorations
- 1/4 cup Pink Sprinkles
- 2 cups White Candy Melts
- 2 cups White Hot Chocolate Mix
- 6 Sugar Cookie Flavored Marshmallows (Smashmallow brand is what I used)
- Place the chocolate candy melts in a bowl and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package, or per your preferred melting method. Stir well to make sure the candy melts are completely melted and smooth.
- Place about 2 tbsp of the white melted chocolate into one mold cavity and, using the bottom of a spoon, move the melted candy up and around the sides of the mold, keeping it thick and even. Repeat with 12 bomb molds then place the molds into your freezer for about 5 minutes to set.
- Place the rest of your unused melted chocolate into a piping bag or zipper bag to use later as a drizzle.
- Remove the set chocolate from the freezer and carefully peel the silicone away from the chocolate.
- Add about 1 tbsp of the white hot chocolate mix and one of the marshmallows into six of the chocolate cups. Warm-up a plate in the microwave until the center of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press the open side of an empty chocolate cup onto the middle of the warmed plate for about 10 seconds in order to gently melt the rim. Immediately fit this chocolate cup on top of a filled cup. This will close the cocoa bomb. Repeat with all of the chocolate cups.
- With the chocolate you set aside in the piping bag earlier, drizzle this over the hot cocoa bombs, then immediately top with the pink sprinkles. Lightly press the sprinkles into the drizzle of chocolate to make sure they won't fall off.
- Place a small dab of melted chocolate onto the top of a hot cocoa bomb, then immediately press a flower icing decoration into the dab. Hold this in place for a moment to make sure that it will stay, then repeat with the remaining hot cocoa bombs.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To add a little touch of fun, you can pop your hot cocoa bombs into a matching pink cupcake liner.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
For more fun hot cocoa bomb recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1163Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 929mgCarbohydrates: 238gFiber: 6gSugar: 174gProtein: 12g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Easy Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Bunny Butt Hot Cocoa Bombs – This is literally my favorite hot cocoa bomb I’ve ever made. I don’t care if it’s easter or not, it’s HILARIOUS and I have to make more!
- Strawberry Hot Cocoa Bombs – Seriously delicious and perfect for anyone that loves strawberry milk, this easy hot cocoa bomb recipe is definitely going to be a treat.
- Mexican Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs – A fun twist on the traditional Mexican hot chocolate drink, this is the most delicious way to warm up with a little spice!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy drink recipes board on Pinterest.