These adorable Mickey pumpkin head ears are perfect for Halloween or Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney. Gather some basic craft supplies and a hot glue gun to get started with our free templates.
Foam Mickey Pumpkin Head Ears
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, it’s the worst kept secret that I love to make Disney ears. I’ve made them for Disney vacations, parties, dress up, and even just because I had a great idea and wanted to see if I could pull it off! If you’re interested, you can see all of our DIY Mickey and Minnie ears here.
We’re heading to Disney World in September and, as you might know, they throw a little get-together called, “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.” If you’re heading there, too, whip up a set of these fun Mickey pumpkin head mouse ears. You can make them with basic craft supplies you’re likely to have on hand. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make These Now? Pin Them for Later
In case you have to grab something (or want to make these in a craft group), save this to a Disney craft or Halloween board on Pinterest. It will be here when you’re ready to start.
Tips When Making Mickey Ears from Foam
I’ve been so many mouse ears, I figure it’s a good thing to share what I’ve learned with you beyond the tutorial. Here are some of my favorite tips when making your own Mickey ears or Minnie ear headbands.
- Use the tutorial as inspiration and add your own style. I often use what I have on hand but trust me when I say, craft stores and Amazon are FULL of options.
- Leave off the bow or use any bow material you want or have on hand. Check out our DIY Disney ears page for bow inspiration.
- If you can’t find orange sparkle foam or glitter sheets, you can make your own. Grab orange foam, add ModPodge and a lot of orange craft glitter. Finally, seal with a couple of layers of ModPodge and use them. We did this with Ursula’s Minnie ears and it worked out very well.
- Download the Mickey Pumpkin Head mouse ears template here. It makes quick work of this fun Disney craft.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
How Do I Use Foam to Make Mickey Halloween Ears?
I’m so glad you asked! Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a YouTube playlist, click here for our Foam Mickey Pumpkin Head Ears FULL video tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Mickey Ear Tutorials You MIght like
It’s no secret I love designing and making my own Minnie and Mickey ears. If you need inspiration, here are a few more mouse ear tutorials you might like:
- Belle Minnie Ears – If the classics are your style, use our very unique way to make show-stopping Belle ears.
- Jasmine Minnie Mouse Ears – One of our fastest ways to make ears, these Jasmine Mickey ears light up!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful.