You can make these Mickey ears Santa cupcakes so fast–which makes them a fantastic Christmas cupcake, but an even better Mickey-inspired cupcake!
Mickey Ears Santa Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making holiday desserts. It’s more than just a fun time of baking now and then, it’s more of a hobby that’s grown into a love. I seriously can’t make enough Christmas cupcakes as gifts and for parties. One of my favorites? These Mickey ears Santa cupcakes.
You get these beautiful bright red Santa hat cupcakes and a Disney inspired cupcake all in one. Kind of my favorite type of cupcake. Plus, these are perfect for a dessert while watching Mickey’s Christmas movies. I mean, seriously! If you’re ready to make a holiday cupcake you’re going to love, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite desserts recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Mickey Santa Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcake. I like to use my Lazy Girl cupcake recipe. It’s no-fail fluffy-and-light-cupcakes anyone can make, as long as you follow the directions. To make them chocolate, I just added 1/2 cup of melted chocolate chips.
- Allow your fondant creations to sit overnight on the counter. You can use them right away, sure, but at the end of the day, if they can dry out, they will be a lot less likely not to flop over and be all bendy.
- I am in love with these adorable holly sprinkles on the side of these Santa hat cupcakes. You can click here to get the sprinkles I snagged–they’re just perfect for everything. I even used them to decorate my Mickey snowman gingerbread cookies!
- To make REALLY RED frosting, you have to use the professional-grade red gel food coloring. Click here to get my favorite so you can make this bright red for your Santa Mickey cupcakes.
How Do I Make this Mickey Ears Santa Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 of Your Favorite Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 5-7 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Red gel food coloring
- Holly sprinkles
- Black fondant
- Roll the black fondant into 1/4 inch thickness on a sheet of parchment paper and cut out 24 circles for the Mickey ears.
- Allow to dry on the counter overnight.
- Bake your cupcakes and allow them to cool completely before decorating.
- Cream together the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Place 1 cup of the frosting into a decorating bag with a small star tip.
- Add red food coloring into the remaining frosting and stir until the color is consistent and red throughout.
- Place the red frosting into a decorating bag with a large star tip.
- Decorate each of the cupcakes in a big swirl with the red frosting.
- With the white frosting, pipe stars of icing onto the bottom of the red frosting for the brim of the Santa hat.
- Pipe a larger dollop of white frosting on top of the red frosting for a pom pom on the Santa hat.
- Place a Mickey ear on either side of the hat.
- Add two holly leaf sprinkles and 3 red ball sprinkles onto the lower side of the hat on one side and serve.
For more fun Christmas cupcake decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 823Total Fat: 63gSaturated Fat: 40gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 173mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 0gSugar: 64gProtein: 2g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Mickey Ears CUpcakes You Might Like
- Thanksgiving Mickey Cupcakes – If you love making Disney-themed cupcakes for holidays, these are the perfect way to sweeten Thanksgiving!
- Buffalo Check Minnie Cupcakes – Winter-themed Minnie ear cupcakes are more than just a fun cupcake–they’re a beautiful one too!
- Olaf Mickey Ear Cupcakes – Christmas and winter are all about Frozen and I just can’t get over how adorable these Olaf-inspired cupcakes are!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite holiday recipes board on Pinterest.