If you know someone who would love these Lilo and Stitch inspired cupcakes, make them and watch their eyes light up! These easy mouse ear cupcakes are going to be a hit with everyone who loves creative cupcake ideas.
Amazing Stitch Cupcakes for Lilo and Stitch Fans
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, it’s not really a secret I believe cupcakes might be the world’s most amazing dessert. In just one batch, I can create 12-24 different little mini desserts. I can make them with a simple vanilla cupcake or with bourbon. Now, I’m not saying I eat a lot of bourbon cupcakes, I’m just saying I could.
Combining a love for Disney and cupcakes means we’re making sure we have our favorite stories covered with fabulous little treats. This week, we’re sharing these fun mouse ear Stitch cupcakes, inspired by Disney’s Lilo and Stitch movie. It’s one of our favorites, so let’s get started.
No Time to Make These Now? Pin Them for Later
Need to order the fondant? Share this on your profile or save it to Pinterest and it will be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips on Making This Easy Cupcake and Decorating Idea
I know you’re itching to get started but read through these tips. We’re working with fondant accents and bright colors and I promise if you read these, your Stitch cupcakes will be amazing.
- Your hands should be cleaned between working with the two colors of fondant. The pale pink is easily colored with the blue and the blue can turn purple when the pink is mixed in. Either way, wash hands and clean the work surface between the colors.
- Don’t roll the fondant too thin or your adorable Stitch ears will be floppy.
- If you want the ears to be stiff, make them first (as we did) and let them dry on the counter a while with a fan blowing on them. When pressed for time, you can try another of these ways to dry fondant quickly.
- Order the fondant – trust me! Coloring it isn’t hard but it changes the consistency. I got this small package of blue fondant and this package for the pink fondant.
How Do I Make Disney’s Stitch Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked! Below is our written tutorial, complete with all of the supplies, ingredients, and recipes we used. If you’re creating a Disney party playlist on YouTube, here is our easy Stitch Cupcakes video tutorial.
Fondant Mouse Ears
- 2 cups unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 5 cups powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 8 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- blue food coloring (just a few drops to start)
Vanilla Cupcakes, cooled
- Bake and cool 24 vanilla cupcakes (we use our Pinterest-popular lazy gal's vanilla cupcake recipe here).
- To work with fondant, sprinkle powdered sugar onto it evenly. You don’t need a lot, just a thin layer.
- Roll out blue fondant into a flat dish (about 1/8th of an inch thick) and cut out 24 circles with a round cutter (we used a biscuit cutter) or 2 for every cupcake. Set aside on a cookie sheet (sprinkled with powdered sugar).
- Repeat the steps with the pink fondant and the smaller round cutter (2 per cupcake).
- Dip a finger into a glass of water (shake off excess) and rub it onto the back of a pink circle. Place the pink circle in the middle of a blue one. Repeat until all ears are made.
- Once all are made (or about 10 minutes), use a knife to cut out a triangle from the circles. Repeat on all ears. Set all ears aside to dry (see tips above on drying fondant quickly if you're not making these ahead of time).
- Make the buttercream frosting by combining all frosting ingredients in a stand mixer and setting to mix on medium speed until fully incorporated until relatively stiff peaks form. If needed, add in a few more drops of blue food coloring or more cream and mix again. NOTE: your buttercream should be stiff to hold the form.
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe a dome of buttercream by squeezing with consistent pressure, swirling around the outside of the cupcake, and lifting the bag up. Taper it off in the center.
- Add the Stitch mouse ear decorations, one on each side. Enjoy!
Additional Items Needed:
- 2 round cutters, one larger than the next
- 1 fondant roller or glass bottle with labels removed
- 1 large parchment bag fitted with a large star tip
For more amazing cupcake decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 47gProtein: 0g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Disney-Inspired Cupcake Ideas You MIght like
It’s no secret I love designing and making cupcakes. If you need inspiration, here are a few more creative cupcake ideas for Disney-inspired fun:
- Snow White Cupcakes – Everyone’s favorite princess is ready to party with these fun and easy cupcakes.
- Easy Mermaid Cupcakes – Need a way to WOW a little mermaid? Start with these.
- Unicorn Cupcakes – Okay, so technically I don’t know a Disney movie with unicorns in it, but these are amazing so I’m sharing them here. :)
Please Share or Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please share this fun idea to Facebook in a Disney group or save it to your favorite treats board on Pinterest.