Lucky Charms Hot Cocoa Bombs
Lucky Charms Hot Cocoa Bombs are hands-down, one of the most colorful and fun treats around. Just don’t let any leprechauns try and steal one!
Have you ever looked at something and it just inspired a burst of creativity? That is what happened one day when eating a bowl of cereal. These Lucky Charms cereal hot chocolate bombs were developed from that very thing.
RELATED READING: How to Make Perfect Hot Chocolate Bombs EVERY TIME
St. Patrick’s Day Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making and enjoying our hot cocoa bombs. With a few holidays coming up soon, I thought of making some cute St. Patrick’s Day Cocoa Bombs recipes.
When it comes to eating Lucky Charms cereal, I am very much team marshmallow. They add such color and flavor to your bowl, don’t they? So, why not bring that theme on over to a delicious holiday-inspired hot cocoa bomb? What a fun Lucky Charms recipe idea!
If you have ever treated yourself to a hot cocoa bomb, you know how fun it is to see them come out of their shells and surprise you with the yumminess hiding inside. These colorful Luck Charms Hot Cocoa Bombs add a dimension of color you will love! They make the perfect St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share
If you need to run to the store and grab a box of Lucky Charms, save or share this hot cocoa bomb recipe to one of your favorite desserts or drink pin boards or share it on Facebook.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
RELATED REAING: Starbucks Chai Cocoa Bombs Recipe
Tips for Making Your Cocoa Bombs Recipe
- When adding chocolate to your mold, spread a thin layer, freeze for 5 minutes and repeat. This gives you a sturdier cocoa bomb.
- Hot cocoa bombs are made from chocolate, which is a fragile ingredient to work with. To avoid breaking and melting after they are made, store them in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 2 weeks. You can also store them in the freezer.
- Heat the milk to between 140 and 160 degrees. This is the perfect temperature range to drop your hot cocoa bombs in. Bring the temperature up slowly, so you don’t curdle the milk.
Ingredients for These Colorful Hot Cocoa Bombs
Below are the ingredients I used in these colorful Lucky Charms Hot Chocolate Bombs. You can make substitutions or color changes – get creative with it as these are pretty easy to make.
- 1 cup white candy melts or white chocolate
- 1/8 cup of candy melts in pink, green, blue, and purple
- 1 cup Lucky Charms cereal marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons white hot chocolate mix
How to Make Easy Chocolate Bombs
Each step of this Lucky Charms Hot Cocoa Bombs recipe is detailed below so it’s easy to follow. Keep this page open while you are creating your Cocos Bombs. If you would rather have a printable recipe, just scroll down and select the print button.
Melt candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring between each until the mixture is smooth and completely melted. Add melted chocolate to the mold.
Remove the set chocolate from the silicone mold
Line up the sphere halves and add the hot cocoa mix
On one side, add the marshmallows
Pipe chocolate around the cocoa bomb
Pipe the remaining colors around the cocoa bomb. Add marshmallows.
Notes for Making Your Lucky Charms Chocolate Bombs
- When heating chocolate for your hot cocoa bombs, slow and low is the rule of thumb. To avoid seizing the chocolate, heat it at a lower temperature over a longer period of time. The exact numbers will vary depending if you are using the microwave versus a double boiler.
- If making hot cocoa bombs you find you don’t have any candy melts to make the shell, you can also use a chocolate candy bar.
- A good ratio to use for milk versus the size of your cocoa bomb, use 1 cup of milk for 1 hot cocoa bomb. Make sure to use a cup or mug that is at least 12 ounces per cup of milk.
Other Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes You May Like
- Easy Cotton Candy Hot Cocoa Bombs are a Fun Treat – These hot cocoa bombs are super quick to make and easily one of the tastiest of treats.
- These Winnie the Pooh Hot Cocoa Bombs are the Cutest Pooh Bear Treat – Make shapes with your cocoa bombs; these are cute and delicious.
- These Easy and Gorgeous Strawberry Hot Cocoa Bombs Are a Great Gift – Who doesn’t love a chocolate-covered strawberry in mug form?