These lemon glaze cupcakes were exactly what I needed to make my summer party fun. And it’s such a simple lemon cupcake recipe, you can’t mess them up!
Lemon Glaze Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are summer-addicted. The sun, the pool, the free time. It’s just so much fun. So, I just decided to throw a little impromptu party the other day for the kids and a couple of their friends (ok, it was just a small playdate, but we called it a party). The highlight was our lemon glaze cupcakes.
A simple lemon cupcake recipe that anyone can make, they’re an easy summer cupcake that pool parties will be worse-off without. If you’re ready to take your summer party to the next level, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy summer cupcakes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make lemon cupcake recipe
- I always start with my Lazy Girl cupcakes. They’re so simple and, frankly, if you follow the recipe, they’re no-fail. If you start with these, then just add your lemon…well, you’re going to have an amazing cupcake with no muss no fuss!
- Be sure to let your cupcakes cool completely before trying to frost them. Warm cupcake and frosting together make for one messy cupcake and we don’t want that.
- If you’re planning to make your cupcakes one day and then store them until your party, you need to be sure to frost all the way to the edge of your cupcake, that way the cake itself doesn’t dry out.
How Do I Make Lemon Glaze Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 of Your Favorite Vanilla Cupcakes (I use my Lazy Girl cupcake recipe)
- 1 Stick Butter
- 3-4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3-6 Teaspoons of Lemon Juice
- While the cupcakes are baking, make your lemon glaze by mixing 3 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 cup of powdered sugar. Stir until combined completely.
- Cool cupcakes for about 5 minutes after baking, then poke 10-12 holes in each cupcake with a toothpick.
- Pour about 2 teaspoons of lemon glaze over the cupcakes and allow it to absorb in the holes.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whip the butter.
- Slowly add in 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla and 1 more cup of powdered sugar and continue mixing.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice to thin icing.
- If needed, add in 1/2 cup or 1 cup of powdered sugar and mix until combined (add more or less lemon juice depending on the consistency. You want the frosting to be thick, creamy and to be able to hold a point).
- Garnish cupcakes with sprinkles, lemon zest, or fruit.
For more fun and easy summer cupcakes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 63mg Carbohydrates: 110g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 108g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy summer cupcakes You Might Like
- All the Best Party Cupcakes – I can’t tell you how many times this resource has helped me to find the best cupcakes for a party. I can come up with anything with a little inspiration from this page.
- Flaming Cupcakes – If you love a great, hot pink cupcake with a little bird, well, this fantastic pool party cupcake is perfect for you!
- Watermelon Cupcakes – There will never be anything more wonderful than this fun cupcake. So fun, so simple. But really cool.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy summer cupcakes board on Pinterest.