I can’t get over these adorable watermelon cupcakes. They’re so simple, easy and fun party cupcakes, making them a perfect summer cupcake.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I have a little bit of an obsession with party cupcakes. I mean, who doesn’t love a tiny little cake just for you?! Cupcakes are the easy treat and it’s so fun to make them, there’s no reason not to make party cupcakes at every opportunity.
But, there’s definitely a special place in my heart for these watermelon cupcakes. They’re literally the sweetest and the kids giggle every time. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite party cupcakes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Summer Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcakes. I rely almost exclusively on my Lazy Girl vanilla cupcakes because they are tasty (and ridiculously easy).
- Add a little watermelon flavoring to the frosting or the cupcakes for a surprise flavor-infusion.
- Use gel food coloring instead of the liquid version. You’ll get brighter color and need less of it.
How Do I Make these Watermelon Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. Let me know in the comments how you’d change these up for your summer get together.
- 12 vanilla cupcakes (use our Lazy Girl Vanilla Cupcakes--seriously good)
- 2 to 3 cups vanilla frosting
- Neon pink GEL food coloring
- Mini chocolate chip morsels
- Bake cupcakes and allow them to cool completely.
- Mix 5-10 drops of pink food coloring into frosting until the color is consistent.
- Add frosting to a piping bag prepared with the open star tip. Pipe frosting onto each cupcake in a circular direction working from the inside of the cupcake toward the outer edge and then back into the middle to create a pointed top.
- Sprinkle each cupcake with chocolate chips.
For more fun party cupcakes, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Additional Supplies Needed:
- Large open star tip
- Piping bag
- Green cupcake liners
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 8330 Total Fat: 351g Saturated Fat: 87g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 252g Cholesterol: 129mg Sodium: 3598mg Carbohydrates: 1310g Fiber: 12g Sugar: 1186g Protein: 14g
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Summer Cupcakes You Might Like
- Party Cupcakes for Every Occasion – Seriously, if you need a cupcake, you can certainly find the perfect one (or two) here!
- Flamingo Cupcakes – Creating a summer vibe? These are the most amazing summer cupcakes for a pool party.
- Lazy Girl Vanilla Cupcakes – The simplest vanilla cupcake recipe ever made. It was genius to make them–and so I’ve made them over and over as the base for a million different party cupcakes!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite party cupcakes board on Pinterest.