These easy and fun Lego hot cocoa bombs are a fun and simple way to make a gift your kids are going to think is epically cool!
Lego Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are being adventurous with learning how to make hot cocoa bombs. But I wanted to take it up a notch. You know I love being crafty, right?! Well, I’m bringing that craftiness to bear, coming up with this awesome DIY Lego hot cocoa bomb.
Fast, easy and REALLY cool, this is one of the best hot cocoa bombs ever. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite winter recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Lego Man Hot Cocoa Bombs
- First, grab the lego man mold here. The mold is everything about this easy DIY hot cocoa bomb. I mean, seriously…you just can’t make Lego man hot cocoa bombs without it. I recommend using the larger Lego man, because there is then room to make a cavity to fill with hot cocoa mix and marshmallows. But the smaller Lego men would make great hot cocoa stirrers!
- When making hot cocoa bombs, because you’re working with chocolate in molds, I recommend that you use melting candy discs. I’m not saying at all that candy discs are always better than chocolate chips, but in this situation, because the candy melts melt more smoothly and they don’t harden up as fast, that gives you more time to work the chocolate into all the nooks and crannies of the mold. So, just , grab some candy melts like these to make it easy on yourself.
- When it’s time to use these awesome Lego hot cocoa bombs, microwave about 2 cups of milk in a measuring cup, then pour it over the Lego hot chocolate bomb in your favorite mug. Then the bombs will float up in your cup and “explode”.
- You CAN use a regular mug for these Lego hot cocoa bombs, but the honest truth is that they are quite a bit bigger than typical hot cocoa bombs. So, grab a large mug like this one – trust me, it’s a lot of hot cocoa, but deliciousness awaits.
How Do I Make this Lego Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Heat chocolate candy melts in a microwave per the directions on the package.
- Place about 2 tbsp melted chocolate into one of the molds and, using your measuring spoon, move the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping the chocolate thick but even. Repeat with a second mold.
- Place 10-12 marshmallows into one of the chocolate filled molds, but don't press them down. You just want them to stick to the chocolate, not be deeply embedded. This keeps them out of your way when you assemble to two halves later, saving you some annoyance.
- Place the molds into your freezer for 5 minutes.
- Take the molds out of the freezer and gently peel the silicone back and away from the chocolate to make it slide out of the mold.
- Fill the empty shape with 1 tbsp hot cocoa mix and 1 tbsp sprinkles, then add a line of melted chocolate to the rim of this half of the hot cocoa bomb.
- Press the marshmallow half of the hot cocoa bomb to the top of the other, gently pressing the two sides together. If you are having difficultly getting the two halves to join securely, you can add a little more chocolate, but don't over do it.
- Place the sprinkles into a bowl and dip the wet edges of the lego man sides in them, .
- Repeat until you have 3 hot cocoa bombs.
- Place your lego man hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for about 5 minutes to allow them to set, then remove.
- Store them in an airtight container until ready to use.
For more fun hot cocoa bomb recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1024Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 811mgCarbohydrates: 182gFiber: 7gSugar: 144gProtein: 15g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Easy DIY Hot Cocoa Bombs You Might Like
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Bombs – My most popular peppermint hot cocoa bomb and one of the most delicious cups of hot cocoa you’ll ever enjoy!
- Gingerbread House Hot Chocolate Bombs – A little gingerbread house that turns into a giant mug of hot cocoa that you’re going to love? That’s awesome.
- Unicorn Hot Cocoa Bombs – Literally shaped like a unicorn and filled with magical fun, these white chocolate unicorn hot cocoa bombs are amazingly cool!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy winter recipes board on Pinterest.