I made these easy gingerbread house hot cocoa bombs and they are SO EASY! Plus, they look so phenomenal, they make the coolest holiday gifts!
Gingerbread House Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we were feeling a little crafty in the kitchen the other day. And when the kiddo pulled out the gingerbread house mold and asked why we didn’t make something with it ever, I had a fun idea – gingerbread house hot cocoa bombs!
Super quick to put together, it’s seriously a study in melting chocolate, chilling, filling and decorating. You can be done with only 10 minutes of effort and have some really cool holiday gifts. If you’re ready to make some fun 3D gingerbread house hot chocolate bombs, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Gingerbread House Hot Chocolate Bombs
- First, grab the gingerbread house mold here. It’s the key to making these mini gingerbread house hot chocolate bombs so easy. There is a metal mold out there, but I don’t recommend using it because it’s going to be tough to get the little gingerbread houses out of the mold, especially in comparison to just peeling the mold off the chocolate with the silicone mold.
- Speaking of things I recommend, I strongly recommend that you use melting candy discs. I’m not telling you that candy discs are somehow better than chocolate chips, but the candy melts do generally melt more smoothly, they don’t harden up as fast and if you want to make different colors, you can buy the candy melts pre-colored. So, to make your gingerbread house hot chocolate bombs, grab some candy melts like these to make it as easy as possible for yourself.
- When you’re ready to use your gingerbread hot cocoa bombs, just heat about 2 cups of milk then pour it into your favorite mug over the gingerbread hot cocoa bomb. Unless it’s wedged in the cup (which can happen with the square bottom of these particular 3D hot cocoa bombs) the bombs will float up and “explode”.
How Do I Make this Gingerbread House Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Snowman Hot Cocoa Bombs – If you’re a fan of white chocolate and guys made of snow with carrot noses, this easy way to make a snowman hot cocoa bomb is going to tickle your fancy!
- Grinch Hot Cocoa Bombs – He’s a mean one, but your heart is going to swell two sizes when you gift these Grinch themed hot cocoa bombs to your friends or neighbors.
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Bombs – One of the first hot cocoa bomb recipes I made and still one of my favorites, this is all about that winter warm and toasty drink!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite hot cocoa recipes board on Pinterest.