I wanted to make a white chocolate hot cocoa bomb, but then I had this insane idea to make unicorn hot cocoa bombs. Best. Idea. Ever.
Unicorn Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have decided that not only are hot cocoa bombs fun to make, but they’re fun to gift, too. You can get so creative, it’s crazy. So, I got crazy. A simple decision to enjoy some white chocolate and I was in unicorn hot chocolate bombs up to my ears. And it was so magical.
The best part is that they were so easy to make, if I wanted to make a dozen to give as gifts, it would take me absolutely NO TIME. So cool. If you’re ready to make a truly magical hot cocoa bomb you’re going to love, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy desserts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make White Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Making white chocolate hot cocoa bombs is insanely easy, especially once you get the hang of it. All you need to get started is a mold like this one here, some melting candy chocolate (in white) and a few marshmallows. You really have to use melting candy chocolate because they’re so much more smooth when melted than chocolate chips.
- BUT! You say…you want the unicorn shape?! I hear you – me too. Who doesn’t want their white chocolate hot cocoa bombs to actually be Unicorn Hot Cocoa Bombs?! For that, you’ll want to grab the unicorn mold here. It’s handy for so much more than hot cocoa bombs – you can make popsicles, lollipops and so much more.
- When you’re ready to actually make the hot cocoa with your Unicorn hot chocolate bombs, all you need to do is warm-up about 2 cups of your favorite milk (whole is my favorite for cocoa) then pop your hot cocoa bomb right inside the mug and pour the warm milk over it. Your unicorn hot cocoa bombs will start to melt, float up a little and “explode” showing off your marshmallows!
How Do I Make this Unicorn Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Put your white candy melts into a microwave safe bowl and melt per the directions on the package in the microwave.
- Place one unicorn horn sprinkle in the horn area of each mold.
- Add 1 tbsp of the melted chocolate into one unicorn cavity and, with the bottom of your measuring spoon, press the melted chocolate up around the sides keeping the chocolate thick and even. Repeat coating 6 bomb molds with chocolate.
- Place the molds into the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the molds and gently pull the mold back and away from the white chocolate unicorns.
- With the remaining melted chocolate, fill the molds with about ½ tbsp of the candy melts and spread it over the face of the unicorn. This chocolate shape will be the bottom of your unicorn bombs.
- Place the molds into the freezer for 5 minutes then remove.
- Gently pull the mold back and away from the unicorn caps.
- Add 1 tbsp hot chocolate mix, a few unicorn sprinkles and 2 rainbow marshmallows to each of the unicorn cups.
- Pipe a small amount of the melted chocolate along the outer edge of each unicorn cup.
- Immediately place a unicorn cap on top of each of the filled cups to close the hot cocoa bombs.
- Place your unicorn hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes, then remove.
- Cover the mane area with a very thin coat of water using the paintbrush then immediately cover in the dot sprinkles.
- Allow the water to dry then store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
For more delicious hot cocoa bombs, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 977Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 793mgCarbohydrates: 216gFiber: 6gSugar: 158gProtein: 10g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Easy Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Bombs – SUPER easy recipe with white chocolate, peppermint and so much yummy hot cocoa, it’s amazing.
- Frozen Hot Cocoa Bombs – If you just want to let it go with a warm cup of cocoa and a kiddo who loves Frozen, well, make a hot cocoa bomb that’s going to bring you both a little joy. LOL!
- Gingerbread House Hot Cocoa Bombs – The world’s most adorable and fun hot cocoa bomb is waiting to be made – it ACTUALLY looks like a gingerbread house!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite winter recipes board on Pinterest.