The epitome of the wizarding world, with his wand always at the ready, this Dumbledore paper craft for kids makes a great boredom buster!
Dumbledore Paper Craft for Kids
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I love making a whiny “I’m bored” into a fun and easy afternoon craft that is more than just the craft itself. Sure, it’s great to make a painting or do sidewalk chalk, but once the deed is done, the activity is over. If you make a Dumbledore paper craft for kids, you’ve got a craft activity that ends with a doll or puppet.
The best part about this fun craft is that you now have the most powerful wizard in the land in your hand. I mean, he can defeat ALL the best baddies. As you can imagine, we didn’t start out with Dumbledore – check out all of our Harry Potter character paper rolls with free templates here.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite boredom busters board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Paper Roll Dumbledore
- Go crazy! Grab the pattern for Dumbledore here, then make your Professor Dumbledore paper roll doll with an elder wand, a phoenix or a pensieve. Don’t leave Dumbledore alone! Use the template to guide you in making a Snape or McGonagall!
- If the little ones don’t feel confident drawing Dumbledore’s face, explain to draw two circles with a wee connecting line for the glasses, then semi-circles for closed eyes, a mouth and the nose. The hardest part is the smirk and it’s just a little mountain. :)
How Do I Make this Dumbledore Paper Craft for Kids?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. Be sure to download the free printable Dumbledore template above. If you have any questions, use the comments below or join us in the Facebook group here.
- Toilet paper roll
- Colored craft paper in dark purple, white, peach and light purple
- Craft glue
- Sharpie or marker
- Trace the robe pattern pieces onto the purple paper, the hair and beard on white paper; and the head pattern on the peach paper. Cut out the traced patterns.
- Stick the bottom part of the hat along the bottom part of the main hat pattern. Glue the triangular pattern on the rectangle paper.
- Stick the beard on the bottom side of the head piece and cut a slit along the inner line of the hair pattern.
- Slide the top side of the head through the slit of the hair from the bottom side and apply glue to join them together.
- Attach the hat on the top side of the hair pattern. Use a black sharpie to draw the eyes, nose, mouth and glasses of Dumbledore paper doll.
- Take an empty toilet paper roll and cover it with the purple rectangle paper.
- Attach the paper head on the top side of the covered paper roll to complete the Dumbledore paper doll craft.
For more fun paper crafts for kids, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Harry Potter Crafts You Might Like
- Dumbledore Gnome – You’re not going to believe how easy it is to make this adorable gnome with just a handful of supplies and a cute pair of doll glasses!
- Hogwarts House Mason Jars – Mason jars are kind of my go-to for organizing and this set of four awesome Harry Potter mason jars are the best you’ll ever see.
- The Best Harry Potter Crafts for Kids or Adults – My favorite way to craft is with a Harry Potter theme and this list will not disappoint!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite paper crafts for kids board on Pinterest.